Virtual fundraiser?

julie

In the past I've always done a mail fundraiser for DAFCF (<a href="http://www.dafcf.org">www.dafcf.org</a>)  and it has worked fairly well.  This year though, I decided to do a combo of a mailing fundraiser and virtual fundraiser.  Mostly to save in postage and the costs associated with printing. I also looked into doing an actual dinner type fundraiser, but the cheapest costs I came to were about $2000 to host the whole event, even with an array of donated services. So, my question is this... if you received an invitation for a virtual fundaiser, would you be turned off to the idea of contributing? Thanks so much for the feedback!

julie

In the past I've always done a mail fundraiser for DAFCF (<a href="http://www.dafcf.org">www.dafcf.org</a>) and it has worked fairly well. This year though, I decided to do a combo of a mailing fundraiser and virtual fundraiser. Mostly to save in postage and the costs associated with printing.I also looked into doing an actual dinner type fundraiser, but the cheapest costs I came to were about $2000 to host the whole event, even with an array of donated services.So, my question is this... if you received an invitation for a virtual fundaiser, would you be turned off to the idea of contributing?Thanks so much for the feedback!

julie

<p>In the past I've always done a mail fundraiser for DAFCF (<a href="http://www.dafcf.org">www.dafcf.org</a>) and it has worked fairly well. This year though, I decided to do a combo of a mailing fundraiser and virtual fundraiser. Mostly to save in postage and the costs associated with printing.<p><p>I also looked into doing an actual dinner type fundraiser, but the cheapest costs I came to were about $2000 to host the whole event, even with an array of donated services.<p><p>So, my question is this... if you received an invitation for a virtual fundaiser, would you be turned off to the idea of contributing?<p><p>Thanks so much for the feedback!

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Hi Julie,

I think a virtual fundraiser is worth a try, considering how popular the internet has become over the past few years. In my own opinion, I think there might be mixed views for virtual fundraising in each generation of people. If it saves you costs then that's great! To answer your question, no I would not be turned off by the idea of contributing if I received an invitation. If it's CF related, I'm already interested.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Hi Julie,

I think a virtual fundraiser is worth a try, considering how popular the internet has become over the past few years. In my own opinion, I think there might be mixed views for virtual fundraising in each generation of people. If it saves you costs then that's great! To answer your question, no I would not be turned off by the idea of contributing if I received an invitation. If it's CF related, I'm already interested.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Hi Julie,
<br />
<br />I think a virtual fundraiser is worth a try, considering how popular the internet has become over the past few years. In my own opinion, I think there might be mixed views for virtual fundraising in each generation of people. If it saves you costs then that's great! To answer your question, no I would not be turned off by the idea of contributing if I received an invitation. If it's CF related, I'm already interested.