Vitamin Drops

tapestry

We enrolled my daughter in the Solvay Wee Care program so she could get her enzymes free. They also provide vitamin drops as well, which her doc said is good because she needs those. The thing is, those vitamin drops are just about the nastiest stuff on the planet. They're a purtid yellow color and I'm certain they taste absolutely awful based on how my daughter reacts when I given them too her. SO, is anyone using a different kind of vitamin drop for their babies or young children that is more palatable? I can force the drops down her now, but as she gets bigger I know it's going to be an issue.

anonymous

Yes, the ADEK drops are just awful as well. They stain everything. My son uses liquid Vitamax. He tolerates it well and it doesn't stain. You can order it from Cystic Fibrosis Services at 800-541-4959.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 3.5 and Jack, 1.5 both with cf

anonymous

We are BLESSED that my son loves the ADEKS. Don't ask why because they smell the whole kitchen when he takes them. He's 2 and gobbles up all of his meds. Like I said we are BLESSED!!!
Shelly

anonymous

Hi, in Wee Care, you get Vitamax right? That is what we get (through Wee Care). Anyway, I mix them with a little applesauce (or whatever kind of fruit) and my daughter takes them just fine that way. She wouldn't have anything to do with them plain, but mixed is fine. They do taste rather yucky, so I don't blame her!!

Good Luck!
Kelli (mom of Sydney 22 months wcf)

anonymous

My daughter always gagged and spit it out or threw it up, so we put it in her bottle of milk and she never knew the difference...the only thing we had to make sure was that she finished the bottle. A lot of times, we would only give her a little milk with the ADEKs so we knew she would finish it...hope this helps!

tapestry

Thanks for all the responses. It was ADEKs drops we were giving her before and we had to stop giving them because she was throwing up. Just today her doctor's office got us a sample of cherry flavored Vitamax drops. Hopefully she'll tolerate those a bit better!

HisGraceUponHer

I give my daughter to ADEKs vitamins, and she reacted the same exact way, spit it out, didnt like the taste, and threw it back up. So we put it in her bottle as well, and didnt even know the difference between the regular milk and the vitamin packed milk. and i think the milk helped it sooth the taste, especially when the milk is fairly warm.