Vitamin Levels

S

semperfiohana

Just wondering how many out there take a regular multi vitamin. I got a phone call today from the new clinic I'm going to saying my vitamin A & D were a little low. So they want me to go on aquadek. I've not had a problem in a long time (I even took regular vitamins when I was pregnant and never had an issue). My problem with this is I don't want to be paying $30 a month for vitamins. Especially if there's two levels that they feel are low. In Jan at the other clinic I was going to I was told by that doctor my levels were fine. I've emailed that clinic to see what my levels were. The clinic I'm at now won't request my medical records from them. Anyone have any advice or input?<br>

S

semperfiohana

Just wondering how many out there take a regular multi vitamin. I got a phone call today from the new clinic I'm going to saying my vitamin A & D were a little low. So they want me to go on aquadek. I've not had a problem in a long time (I even took regular vitamins when I was pregnant and never had an issue). My problem with this is I don't want to be paying $30 a month for vitamins. Especially if there's two levels that they feel are low. In Jan at the other clinic I was going to I was told by that doctor my levels were fine. I've emailed that clinic to see what my levels were. The clinic I'm at now won't request my medical records from them. Anyone have any advice or input?<br>

S

semperfiohana

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on enzymes? If so Creon has the extra helpings program in which they'll send you vitamins AND nutritional drinks if you mail them a form and a pharmacy receipt from your enzymes. DS is on 2 source CF chewables a day and takes an additional Vitamin A -- 10,000 IU, 400 IU of E and a Vitamin K.

I've noticed as well that doctors are starting to recommends 1,000 to 2,000 IU of Vitamin D for healthy individuals. DH and I both take 2,000 and a friend of ours was just found to be deficient and was put on a mega dose of D

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on enzymes? If so Creon has the extra helpings program in which they'll send you vitamins AND nutritional drinks if you mail them a form and a pharmacy receipt from your enzymes. DS is on 2 source CF chewables a day and takes an additional Vitamin A -- 10,000 IU, 400 IU of E and a Vitamin K.

I've noticed as well that doctors are starting to recommends 1,000 to 2,000 IU of Vitamin D for healthy individuals. DH and I both take 2,000 and a friend of ours was just found to be deficient and was put on a mega dose of D

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I've noticed as well that doctors are starting to recommends 1,000 to 2,000 IU of Vitamin D for healthy individuals. DH and I both take 2,000 and a friend of ours was just found to be deficient and was put on a mega dose of D

chrissyd

I have low vitamin and mineral levels. I'm supposed to be getting IV therapy to fix it but I don't have health insurance. So I just take over the counter vitamins in addition to my multivitamin I get from my CF clinic. Is there anyway you could try that and then have them check your levels in a month?

chrissyd

I have low vitamin and mineral levels. I'm supposed to be getting IV therapy to fix it but I don't have health insurance. So I just take over the counter vitamins in addition to my multivitamin I get from my CF clinic. Is there anyway you could try that and then have them check your levels in a month?

chrissyd

petnurse

My son is only two,but he had taken adeks since he was 3 weeks old. They are free with a few programs. We used to get them free with Ultrase. Now,PSI pharmacy gives them free with every Pumozyme order.

petnurse

My son is only two,but he had taken adeks since he was 3 weeks old. They are free with a few programs. We used to get them free with Ultrase. Now,PSI pharmacy gives them free with every Pumozyme order.

petnurse

<BR>My son is only two,but he had taken adeks since he was 3 weeks old. They are free with a few programs. We used to get them free with Ultrase. Now,PSI pharmacy gives them free with every Pumozyme order.

S

semperfiohana

I'm on pancreaze and order all my meds through a mail away pharmacy. I'm going to see if they will let me take two regular vitamins and see if that will make them happy.

S

semperfiohana

I'm on pancreaze and order all my meds through a mail away pharmacy. I'm going to see if they will let me take two regular vitamins and see if that will make them happy.

S

semperfiohana

randmel89

I take 2 ABDEK softgels a day along with 50,000 units of vitamin D a month. I also eat a lot of foods that are rich in vitamins. I always had low levels when I took just a regular multi- vitamin due to me not digesting them correctly. If you want to continue multi-vitamins I would say to look for gel caps and not tablets. This is just my opinion.

Melissa 37/cf,cfrd,mrsa

randmel89

I take 2 ABDEK softgels a day along with 50,000 units of vitamin D a month. I also eat a lot of foods that are rich in vitamins. I always had low levels when I took just a regular multi- vitamin due to me not digesting them correctly. If you want to continue multi-vitamins I would say to look for gel caps and not tablets. This is just my opinion.

Melissa 37/cf,cfrd,mrsa

randmel89

<br />
<br /> Melissa 37/cf,cfrd,mrsa

hbollotte

my vitamin d is 17 and they want cf patients to be greater than 30.  i'm on 800 ius 1200 mg of calcium a day.  i also started taking abdek(source cf) gels while i was in the hospital.  with creon you get them free. i already have osteopenia so i need to make sure i'm getting enough vitamins.

hbollotte

my vitamin d is 17 and they want cf patients to be greater than 30. i'm on 800 ius 1200 mg of calcium a day. i also started taking abdek(source cf) gels while i was in the hospital. with creon you get them free. i already have osteopenia so i need to make sure i'm getting enough vitamins.