Vitamin Levels

hbollotte

<BR>my vitamin d is 17 and they want cf patients to be greater than 30. i'm on 800 ius 1200 mg of calcium a day. i also started taking abdek(source cf) gels while i was in the hospital. with creon you get them free. i already have osteopenia so i need to make sure i'm getting enough vitamins.

LouLou

I think the risk of vitamin deficiency is too great to mess with anything but ADEK type vitamins. Without proper vitamin levels our body starts to recruit vitamin stores from bones, organs, etc. Not good for optimum health! They are created especially for us because ADEK are fat soluble vitamins and we don't absorb fats well so ADEKs are created to be water soluable. I get mine free from Foundation Care with my Eflow meds.

LouLou

I think the risk of vitamin deficiency is too great to mess with anything but ADEK type vitamins. Without proper vitamin levels our body starts to recruit vitamin stores from bones, organs, etc. Not good for optimum health! They are created especially for us because ADEK are fat soluble vitamins and we don't absorb fats well so ADEKs are created to be water soluable. I get mine free from Foundation Care with my Eflow meds.

LouLou

i take source cf vitamins. i have zenpep so they have a zpoints program and you can get vitamins. neb cups. supplements. and other things. even $50 amazon gift cards. definitely useful. ive always been told CFers NEEED to take vitamin supplements because of pancreatic insufficiency and not breaking down vitamins and minerals from foods.

i take source cf vitamins. i have zenpep so they have a zpoints program and you can get vitamins. neb cups. supplements. and other things. even $50 amazon gift cards. definitely useful. ive always been told CFers NEEED to take vitamin supplements because of pancreatic insufficiency and not breaking down vitamins and minerals from foods.

<br />