Vomiting hand fulls of mucus

eli

Thanks guy's, i will make sure to let her docs know at her next clinic apppointment next week.

Liza - her nose was kind of stuffy and next morning after her vomit it became runny, with clear mucus.
She does have a semi moist cough right now, although its not that persistant throughout the day.

She has been having her pysio once daily and today we increased it to two. Apart from that she is not on any other treatments, besides the oral antibiotics to prevent staph.

Thanks again

eli

Thanks guy's, i will make sure to let her docs know at her next clinic apppointment next week.

Liza - her nose was kind of stuffy and next morning after her vomit it became runny, with clear mucus.
She does have a semi moist cough right now, although its not that persistant throughout the day.

She has been having her pysio once daily and today we increased it to two. Apart from that she is not on any other treatments, besides the oral antibiotics to prevent staph.

Thanks again

eli

Thanks again

eli

Thanks again

eli

<br />
<br />Liza - her nose was kind of stuffy and next morning after her vomit it became runny, with clear mucus.
<br />She does have a semi moist cough right now, although its not that persistant throughout the day.
<br />
<br />She has been having her pysio once daily and today we increased it to two. Apart from that she is not on any other treatments, besides the oral antibiotics to prevent staph.
<br />
<br />Thanks again
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our doctor has always told us that if DS develops a cough or wheeze to "beat it out of him". We normally do 3 cpt/vest treatments a day and we'll add another one. When he was a baby we'd also increase the amount of time (5-15 minutes increase) we did them and give him mini-cpt treatments throughout the day is he was sitting our lap..

Do you have time to increase the amount of time spent on CPT or could you sneak in a middle treatment? I do one in the morning, one after preschool/work and another before bed.

Also with the stuffy/runny nose prior to saline nasal washes, we would use saline nasal spray to try to get rid of the extra junk up there. I'd also steam up the bathroom and let him play in the tub a little longer to get things moving.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our doctor has always told us that if DS develops a cough or wheeze to "beat it out of him". We normally do 3 cpt/vest treatments a day and we'll add another one. When he was a baby we'd also increase the amount of time (5-15 minutes increase) we did them and give him mini-cpt treatments throughout the day is he was sitting our lap..

Do you have time to increase the amount of time spent on CPT or could you sneak in a middle treatment? I do one in the morning, one after preschool/work and another before bed.

Also with the stuffy/runny nose prior to saline nasal washes, we would use saline nasal spray to try to get rid of the extra junk up there. I'd also steam up the bathroom and let him play in the tub a little longer to get things moving.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Do you have time to increase the amount of time spent on CPT or could you sneak in a middle treatment? I do one in the morning, one after preschool/work and another before bed.
<br />
<br />Also with the stuffy/runny nose prior to saline nasal washes, we would use saline nasal spray to try to get rid of the extra junk up there. I'd also steam up the bathroom and let him play in the tub a little longer to get things moving.

eli

Thanks, Liza.

My husband usualy does her cpt of an evening, just before bed. I used to do it in the mornings, but sinced i have just had the baby and had another ceaser, its been a bit difficult for me.

I sure would love to have a vest.......

I try to sneak in a few pats during the day, and did 2 full rounds yesterday and today for about 20mins.

We too, also use the saline nasal spray which has helped her to some extent.

Thanks again

Regards Eli

eli

Thanks, Liza.

My husband usualy does her cpt of an evening, just before bed. I used to do it in the mornings, but sinced i have just had the baby and had another ceaser, its been a bit difficult for me.

I try to sneak in a few pats during the day, and did 2 full rounds yesterday and today for about 20mins.

Thanks again

Regards Eli

eli

Thanks, Liza.

Thanks again

Regards Eli

eli

Thanks, Liza.

Thanks again

Regards Eli

eli

Thanks, Liza.
<br />
<br />My husband usualy does her cpt of an evening, just before bed. I used to do it in the mornings, but sinced i have just had the baby and had another ceaser, its been a bit difficult for me.
<br />
<br />I sure would love to have a vest.......
<br />
<br />I try to sneak in a few pats during the day, and did 2 full rounds yesterday and today for about 20mins.
<br />
<br />We too, also use the saline nasal spray which has helped her to some extent.
<br />
<br />Thanks again
<br />
<br />Regards Eli

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last year, when DS was 4 and we had a few incidents of his sticking things up his nose (leaf incident), battling those extra thick nose boogies with saline and the bulb syringe, we had him try nasal/sinus rinses. Got a kit at the pharmacy -- it's a squeeze bottle with packets of salt water and I was amazed and the amount of gunk we've gotten out of his nose.

And despite having the vest, I still do CPT in the mornings for 20 minutes 'cuz he sleeps thru that and isn't so restful with the vest. And if he falls asleep before his before bed treatment, I'll also do CPT.

Do you use nebulized brochiodialators, pulmozyme (dnase), hypertonic salne? If not, you may want to visit with your doctor. We use albuterol/atrovent to open up the airways while doing cpt/vest and pulmozyme at night before bed after his CPT.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last year, when DS was 4 and we had a few incidents of his sticking things up his nose (leaf incident), battling those extra thick nose boogies with saline and the bulb syringe, we had him try nasal/sinus rinses. Got a kit at the pharmacy -- it's a squeeze bottle with packets of salt water and I was amazed and the amount of gunk we've gotten out of his nose.

And despite having the vest, I still do CPT in the mornings for 20 minutes 'cuz he sleeps thru that and isn't so restful with the vest. And if he falls asleep before his before bed treatment, I'll also do CPT.

Do you use nebulized brochiodialators, pulmozyme (dnase), hypertonic salne? If not, you may want to visit with your doctor. We use albuterol/atrovent to open up the airways while doing cpt/vest and pulmozyme at night before bed after his CPT.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />And despite having the vest, I still do CPT in the mornings for 20 minutes 'cuz he sleeps thru that and isn't so restful with the vest. And if he falls asleep before his before bed treatment, I'll also do CPT.
<br />
<br />Do you use nebulized brochiodialators, pulmozyme (dnase), hypertonic salne? If not, you may want to visit with your doctor. We use albuterol/atrovent to open up the airways while doing cpt/vest and pulmozyme at night before bed after his CPT.