Vomiting

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last summer one of the puking episodes happened 6-7 hours after he'd eaten lunch. We drove to the city for a CT scan and he had to be NPO after 11 a.m. in case he needed an iv for sedation. Come to think of it, he'd had a bunch of water when we'd stopped for ice cream after the appointment -- he had a fruit sorbet. A couple hours later he was hurling up his lunch in the car -- french fries, pickles, hamburger and like I said it was HOURS since he'd eaten that. And when he was a baby, sometimes he'd spit up formula with enzyme beads hours after he'd consumed it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last summer one of the puking episodes happened 6-7 hours after he'd eaten lunch. We drove to the city for a CT scan and he had to be NPO after 11 a.m. in case he needed an iv for sedation. Come to think of it, he'd had a bunch of water when we'd stopped for ice cream after the appointment -- he had a fruit sorbet. A couple hours later he was hurling up his lunch in the car -- french fries, pickles, hamburger and like I said it was HOURS since he'd eaten that. And when he was a baby, sometimes he'd spit up formula with enzyme beads hours after he'd consumed it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

amyr

Vomiting has been such a huge part of my 11 year olds life. We have never been able to resolve this. He is on reflux meds(nexium) and enzymes. We have tried smaller meals, no juice, not eating certain foods, etc...nothing has helped he just vomits for whatever reason. I think we may have uncovered something that helps. I noticed when we started pulmozyme his vomiting slowed down. He tells me that his belly feels better after the pulmozyme.

My daughter recently had an endoscopy. The GI showed me pictures of the tons of mucus she had in her belly. That would explain her belly achs. My theory is my son has the same sticky thick mucus in his belly and that is why he has always randomly puked. The pulmozyme thins it and makes him less likly to puke. I have started recording to test my theory. He never goes more than two or three weeks at the most without puking. We are doing pulmpzyme twice a day and in week two of no puking. We'll see...

amyr

Vomiting has been such a huge part of my 11 year olds life. We have never been able to resolve this. He is on reflux meds(nexium) and enzymes. We have tried smaller meals, no juice, not eating certain foods, etc...nothing has helped he just vomits for whatever reason. I think we may have uncovered something that helps. I noticed when we started pulmozyme his vomiting slowed down. He tells me that his belly feels better after the pulmozyme.

My daughter recently had an endoscopy. The GI showed me pictures of the tons of mucus she had in her belly. That would explain her belly achs. My theory is my son has the same sticky thick mucus in his belly and that is why he has always randomly puked. The pulmozyme thins it and makes him less likly to puke. I have started recording to test my theory. He never goes more than two or three weeks at the most without puking. We are doing pulmpzyme twice a day and in week two of no puking. We'll see...

amyr

amyr

amyr

<br />
<br />My daughter recently had an endoscopy. The GI showed me pictures of the tons of mucus she had in her belly. That would explain her belly achs. My theory is my son has the same sticky thick mucus in his belly and that is why he has always randomly puked. The pulmozyme thins it and makes him less likly to puke. I have started recording to test my theory. He never goes more than two or three weeks at the most without puking. We are doing pulmpzyme twice a day and in week two of no puking. We'll see...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>

Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.</end quote></div>

It must definitely be connected to the milk. I had an issue last night after drinking a ton of milk (after dinner). I took a shower which had got everything running. I proceded to puke in the towel. Good thing I was still bare a$$ naked LOL!

JazzysMom

Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.</end quote></div>

It must definitely be connected to the milk. I had an issue last night after drinking a ton of milk (after dinner). I took a shower which had got everything running. I proceded to puke in the towel. Good thing I was still bare a$$ naked LOL!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Unfortunately for us, DS has been on pulmozyme since he was 2 1/2 and the puking episodes pretty much increased this summer, though he had a few rare incidents when in previous years, which usually involved his drinking all or most of his milk before or during the start of his meal.</end quote>
<br />
<br />It must definitely be connected to the milk. I had an issue last night after drinking a ton of milk (after dinner). I took a shower which had got everything running. I proceded to puke in the towel. Good thing I was still bare a$$ naked LOL!
<br />