Vomitting blood

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PACmommy</b></i>

Everybody asks if she is a "mild case" because she always seems so healthy and vibrant, you wouldn't know that anything was wrong.

It's times like this, reality hits you like a mac truck in the face.</end quote></div>

So sorry to hear about your pain. I wish I had answers.... this can be such a difficult disease.

Makes you wonder why parents with CF would voluntarily have another child knowing that CF is a possibility? Blows my mind....

Take care.

Sakem

Having a sick child is bad, but a sick CF child is more stress, even if their sickness has nothing to do with CF. Hope she is feeling better.

Always trust your instincts. While it's easy to second guess ourselves or feel we are over reacting, just remember it's better to over react than do nothing at all, and later wished you would have. As far as the weight, just started trying to push a little extra and she will quickly get it back. Hope the rest of the kids don't get this bad virus.

Sakem

Having a sick child is bad, but a sick CF child is more stress, even if their sickness has nothing to do with CF. Hope she is feeling better.

Always trust your instincts. While it's easy to second guess ourselves or feel we are over reacting, just remember it's better to over react than do nothing at all, and later wished you would have. As far as the weight, just started trying to push a little extra and she will quickly get it back. Hope the rest of the kids don't get this bad virus.

Sakem

PACmommy

Hey, thanks for all your responses, it's nice to get some positive reinforcement. Ainsley is a champ, she seems to always rebound so quickly, I sometimes think that she just doesn't want her brothers to get a step ahead of her.
She's was a little sucky and didn't have much of an appetite for a couple of days. I've been pushing gatorade and instant breakfast shakes on her and she's already gained back 2 lbs.
It's funny, how quickly they go down, but with a little tenacity, they get right back up again. The other 2 kids have had a cough for sometime now, but it didn't really bother me, I'm glad I trusted my instincts when Ainsley started because she got sick so quickly. Now I know and am better prepared for the future.

PACmommy

Hey, thanks for all your responses, it's nice to get some positive reinforcement. Ainsley is a champ, she seems to always rebound so quickly, I sometimes think that she just doesn't want her brothers to get a step ahead of her.
She's was a little sucky and didn't have much of an appetite for a couple of days. I've been pushing gatorade and instant breakfast shakes on her and she's already gained back 2 lbs.
It's funny, how quickly they go down, but with a little tenacity, they get right back up again. The other 2 kids have had a cough for sometime now, but it didn't really bother me, I'm glad I trusted my instincts when Ainsley started because she got sick so quickly. Now I know and am better prepared for the future.

PACmommy