VX 809/770 Phase 2 interim results - 5-10% improvement in lung function

jamesB

Yeah I think that's what they are saying Rebjane.

Will include all the different breakdowns for dosage and time and results for both single DF508 and the double delta's.

jamesB

Yeah I think that's what they are saying Rebjane.

Will include all the different breakdowns for dosage and time and results for both single DF508 and the double delta's.

bigstar

I think this is very very promising. I mean a 5-10% improvement of FEV1 in a month seems very nice to me. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

bigstar

I think this is very very promising. I mean a 5-10% improvement of FEV1 in a month seems very nice to me. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

jamesB

I agree bigstar. The only negative is the sweat chloride levels compared to the significant changes we saw with 770 and G511D. Is certainly good news that FEV1 levels were comparable though.

Will be interesting to see the sweat chloride results from the 2a 661 trial. They shouldn't be far away at all given how quickly these interim results were released.

jamesB

I agree bigstar. The only negative is the sweat chloride levels compared to the significant changes we saw with 770 and G511D. Is certainly good news that FEV1 levels were comparable though.

Will be interesting to see the sweat chloride results from the 2a 661 trial. They shouldn't be far away at all given how quickly these interim results were released.

byrne819

At the risk of getting too far ahead of myself, does anyone know how these drugs would affect other drug regimens, e.g., enzymes, physical therapy, nebs? Will people continue these treatments? What is the experience of people on Kalydeco? Have they been continuing treatments? Thanks!

byrne819

At the risk of getting too far ahead of myself, does anyone know how these drugs would affect other drug regimens, e.g., enzymes, physical therapy, nebs? Will people continue these treatments? What is the experience of people on Kalydeco? Have they been continuing treatments? Thanks!

C

cfsucks

good news- i want to see the impact on people with only one df508 gene!

C

cfsucks

good news- i want to see the impact on people with only one df508 gene!

rmotion

Well thats good maybe they'll keep going with it and get it out there sooner and continue with the vx661
I know they want a grand slam home run but this is a double and we'll take that, huh!

rmotion

Well thats good maybe they'll keep going with it and get it out there sooner and continue with the vx661
I know they want a grand slam home run but this is a double and we'll take that, huh!

S

sdelorenzo

I need someone to explain this to me.
17/37 FEV1 was greater than 5%.
11/37 FEV1 was greater than 10%.

Does that mean 11 of the 17 were greater than 10%, so only 46% saw a change greater than 5%? So 54% did not see a significant change?
or does it mean a total of 85% saw a change greater than 5%?
Thank you,
Sharon

S

sdelorenzo

I need someone to explain this to me.
17/37 FEV1 was greater than 5%.
11/37 FEV1 was greater than 10%.

Does that mean 11 of the 17 were greater than 10%, so only 46% saw a change greater than 5%? So 54% did not see a significant change?
or does it mean a total of 85% saw a change greater than 5%?
Thank you,
Sharon

jamesB

That's a good question. My interpretation was that those that saw the 10% increase were a part of the 17. So only 46% saw an improvement. The other 54% increased by less than 5%. I certainly could be wrong though - and hope I am. Analysts were pressing for an average FEV1 increase (mean) which Vertex said wouldn't be available until the final results were released.

jamesB

That's a good question. My interpretation was that those that saw the 10% increase were a part of the 17. So only 46% saw an improvement. The other 54% increased by less than 5%. I certainly could be wrong though - and hope I am. Analysts were pressing for an average FEV1 increase (mean) which Vertex said wouldn't be available until the final results were released.