Waiting...

PedsNP2007

my period or a positive test...

I figured I was going crazy enough on my own and that I would finally post.

I had my first IUI on 1/17. I thought I would be able to hold off until Day 14 (which would be 1/31). Nope, I made it to day 10 (negative) and day 12 (negative). I told myself that I would be ok with negative results; well, I am ok, but still very disappointed... funny how a simple straight line (negative result) can change an ok mood to a sad mood.

During this whole 2ww, I have been "feeling" everything... any nauseated feeling, any twinge, backache, etc. I swear, I wish I could have had the IUI without my knowledge LOL.

So, my LH surge was 1/16. I tested later that day or the morning of 1/17, so I believe that LH surge was the downward trend of it. So if ovulation occurs 24 hours later, then I possibly ovulated 1/17?

I read that luteal phase is 12-16 days post ovulation. So technically, I still have til Tuesday for my period to show, right?

I am just nervous and anxious to either be pregnant or just have my period. I am tired of waiting. I want to start preparing for my next IUI if I am indeed not pregnant.

If someone could help me with this timeline and if I should test today, I'd appreciate it.

Jenn
30 yo cf, 15 days post IUI on 1/17 with no period and haven't tested since 12 days post IUI

PedsNP2007

I had my first IUI on 1/17. I thought I would be able to hold off until Day 14 (which would be 1/31). Nope, I made it to day 10 (negative) and day 12 (negative). I told myself that I would be ok with negative results; well, I am ok, but still very disappointed... funny how a simple straight line (negative result) can change an ok mood to a sad mood.

During this whole 2ww, I have been "feeling" everything... any nauseated feeling, any twinge, backache, etc. I swear, I wish I could have had the IUI without my knowledge LOL.

So, my LH surge was 1/16. I tested later that day or the morning of 1/17, so I believe that LH surge was the downward trend of it. So if ovulation occurs 24 hours later, then I possibly ovulated 1/17?

I read that luteal phase is 12-16 days post ovulation. So technically, I still have til Tuesday for my period to show, right?

I am just nervous and anxious to either be pregnant or just have my period. I am tired of waiting. I want to start preparing for my next IUI if I am indeed not pregnant.

If someone could help me with this timeline and if I should test today, I'd appreciate it.

Jenn
30 yo cf, 15 days post IUI on 1/17 with no period and haven't tested since 12 days post IUI

PedsNP2007

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Jenn

PedsNP2007

<br />
<br />I figured I was going crazy enough on my own and that I would finally post.
<br />
<br />I had my first IUI on 1/17. I thought I would be able to hold off until Day 14 (which would be 1/31). Nope, I made it to day 10 (negative) and day 12 (negative). I told myself that I would be ok with negative results; well, I am ok, but still very disappointed... funny how a simple straight line (negative result) can change an ok mood to a sad mood.
<br />
<br />During this whole 2ww, I have been "feeling" everything... any nauseated feeling, any twinge, backache, etc. I swear, I wish I could have had the IUI without my knowledge LOL.
<br />
<br />So, my LH surge was 1/16. I tested later that day or the morning of 1/17, so I believe that LH surge was the downward trend of it. So if ovulation occurs 24 hours later, then I possibly ovulated 1/17?
<br />
<br />I read that luteal phase is 12-16 days post ovulation. So technically, I still have til Tuesday for my period to show, right?
<br />
<br />I am just nervous and anxious to either be pregnant or just have my period. I am tired of waiting. I want to start preparing for my next IUI if I am indeed not pregnant.
<br />
<br />If someone could help me with this timeline and if I should test today, I'd appreciate it.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf, 15 days post IUI on 1/17 with no period and haven't tested since 12 days post IUI

GordonsGirl

I feel for you! I think that stage is the hardest part! We did home ICI with donor sperm, and I had almost ordered a new vial for a third try when I got my positive test. You just want to do what you can to be proactive. I would keep testing until you get a positive or a period. It can take varying amounts of time for the egg to fertilize, and then for the egg to implant. Also, you might just start with low levels that are hard to detect. If not, get right back on the horse.

Good luck!

GordonsGirl

I feel for you! I think that stage is the hardest part! We did home ICI with donor sperm, and I had almost ordered a new vial for a third try when I got my positive test. You just want to do what you can to be proactive. I would keep testing until you get a positive or a period. It can take varying amounts of time for the egg to fertilize, and then for the egg to implant. Also, you might just start with low levels that are hard to detect. If not, get right back on the horse.

Good luck!

GordonsGirl

Good luck!

GordonsGirl

Good luck!

GordonsGirl

<br />
<br />Good luck!

H

hopesiris

If you want to save your tests in preparation for another cycle then just wait until Wednesday and test again with first morning urine if you still don't have your period. If your period is a week or two late I think most doctors will do a blood test.

H

hopesiris

If you want to save your tests in preparation for another cycle then just wait until Wednesday and test again with first morning urine if you still don't have your period. If your period is a week or two late I think most doctors will do a blood test.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

PedsNP2007

Thanks... I am going to test tomorrow... It's my last test that I dedicated to this cycle. It will be day 16 though it may be day 14/15 post actual ovulation. I should be getting my period soon I assume if it's a big fat negative.

Off to bed to test first morning pee... oh the fun of my life haha

Jenn
30 yo cf, maybe preggo or maybe not... who knows?

PedsNP2007

Thanks... I am going to test tomorrow... It's my last test that I dedicated to this cycle. It will be day 16 though it may be day 14/15 post actual ovulation. I should be getting my period soon I assume if it's a big fat negative.

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Jenn

PedsNP2007

<br />
<br />Off to bed to test first morning pee... oh the fun of my life haha
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf, maybe preggo or maybe not... who knows?