WATER PARKS

CFMOM65

my daughter is 18 mnths old w/ cf , my husbands job is putting on a company picnic at wet n wild a water park. my question is, is it ok to go to a water park when u have cf?

cfmom

daughter 9 yrs old w/o cf & baby girl 18 mnths w/cf

CFMOM65

my daughter is 18 mnths old w/ cf , my husbands job is putting on a company picnic at wet n wild a water park. my question is, is it ok to go to a water park when u have cf?

cfmom

CFMOM65

cfmom

CFMOM65

cfmom

CFMOM65

cfmom

CFMOM65

cfmom

Emily65Roses

Some people will tell you no. I've been to water parks on several vacations including both main water parks at Disney World. I'm still alive, and still doing fine.

For me, it comes to: Do you want to keep your child from having fun in order to preserve maybe a tiny bit of health? And I might add, the bacteria you'll find at water parks can also be found in your bathroom. So there's no point avoiding the water park unless your child also never enters the bathroom.

Emily65Roses

Some people will tell you no. I've been to water parks on several vacations including both main water parks at Disney World. I'm still alive, and still doing fine.

For me, it comes to: Do you want to keep your child from having fun in order to preserve maybe a tiny bit of health? And I might add, the bacteria you'll find at water parks can also be found in your bathroom. So there's no point avoiding the water park unless your child also never enters the bathroom.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

M

Mommafirst

I worry about this stuff all the time. I've decided that while my daughter is little and it doesn't matter (like under 3 or so) and she doesn't know she's missing something, I'm going to err on the side of caution. But once she gets more aware and wants to be a part of things, I'm going to *cautiously* allow some of these things, because as Emily said, it doesn't make sense to me to lock my daughter in a room and disallow any fun just to preserve some health, especially when the same bacteria are everywhere. I'm going to try and focus on the things that seem to make more of a difference: being consistent with treatments, educating her, and keeping her weight on. But as I said, I understand your worry, because I have it too!!!!

M

Mommafirst

I worry about this stuff all the time. I've decided that while my daughter is little and it doesn't matter (like under 3 or so) and she doesn't know she's missing something, I'm going to err on the side of caution. But once she gets more aware and wants to be a part of things, I'm going to *cautiously* allow some of these things, because as Emily said, it doesn't make sense to me to lock my daughter in a room and disallow any fun just to preserve some health, especially when the same bacteria are everywhere. I'm going to try and focus on the things that seem to make more of a difference: being consistent with treatments, educating her, and keeping her weight on. But as I said, I understand your worry, because I have it too!!!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

PACmommy

My goodness! I was just wondering this the other day, I was at a Splash pad with my 3 kids, including our CFer and as she is frollicking in the water, it occurred to me, is this safe?
I decided that she was having so much fun, to cut that out of her life wouldn't be fair. She should be able to feel like she can live like any other child and be allowed to savour all the joys of life.
I also realized that the water is highly chlorinated and goes through a purifying system before it is recycled through the pumps again.
We can't live in a bubble and the worst thing is to teach my children would be to fear living.

PACmommy

My goodness! I was just wondering this the other day, I was at a Splash pad with my 3 kids, including our CFer and as she is frollicking in the water, it occurred to me, is this safe?
I decided that she was having so much fun, to cut that out of her life wouldn't be fair. She should be able to feel like she can live like any other child and be allowed to savour all the joys of life.
I also realized that the water is highly chlorinated and goes through a purifying system before it is recycled through the pumps again.
We can't live in a bubble and the worst thing is to teach my children would be to fear living.