We are going to be foster parents

mom2lillian

Fostering has been on my heart for a long time, even before our DD. Dh has never been on board. He started having a heart change a while back and about two months ago asked me to look into it.

We are doing orientation and application/background check this month. We are going through a private agency that is really great. We know a couple who has adopted and 3 couples that have fostered, two through our agency. We are sitting down to chat with all of them. I am also ordering a couple books I was referred to.

I am very excited to see what this brings. I really prayed on what we shoudl do, what path we shoudl take. This time when we tried to get pregnant I asked God if I couldnt conceive to show me what we should do and suddenly DH pops up with "lets look into fostering" and everythign falls into place perfectly----its a God thing I think! We are going with it.

We are going to try it out this winter and see where we are led, we are not ruling out trying for more biologics but I dont htink its in the cards for us.

I know one person here had a bad experience, I dont remember her name, Jennifer? Anyone else done this or adopted?

Oh and my history for those not familiar:
2004/2005 TTC
2005 TTC+oral meds, U/S & timing
2006 IVF - Lillian (will be 4 in december)
2009 Frozen embryo transfer - negative
2009 FET #2 - negative
2009 FET #3 - positive
Miscarriage @ 6 weeks D&C @ 8 weeks
2010 FET#4 - negative (last 3 embryos)

mom2lillian

Fostering has been on my heart for a long time, even before our DD. Dh has never been on board. He started having a heart change a while back and about two months ago asked me to look into it.

We are doing orientation and application/background check this month. We are going through a private agency that is really great. We know a couple who has adopted and 3 couples that have fostered, two through our agency. We are sitting down to chat with all of them. I am also ordering a couple books I was referred to.

I am very excited to see what this brings. I really prayed on what we shoudl do, what path we shoudl take. This time when we tried to get pregnant I asked God if I couldnt conceive to show me what we should do and suddenly DH pops up with "lets look into fostering" and everythign falls into place perfectly----its a God thing I think! We are going with it.

We are going to try it out this winter and see where we are led, we are not ruling out trying for more biologics but I dont htink its in the cards for us.

I know one person here had a bad experience, I dont remember her name, Jennifer? Anyone else done this or adopted?

Oh and my history for those not familiar:
2004/2005 TTC
2005 TTC+oral meds, U/S & timing
2006 IVF - Lillian (will be 4 in december)
2009 Frozen embryo transfer - negative
2009 FET #2 - negative
2009 FET #3 - positive
Miscarriage @ 6 weeks D&C @ 8 weeks
2010 FET#4 - negative (last 3 embryos)

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />We are doing orientation and application/background check this month. We are going through a private agency that is really great. We know a couple who has adopted and 3 couples that have fostered, two through our agency. We are sitting down to chat with all of them. I am also ordering a couple books I was referred to.
<br />
<br />I am very excited to see what this brings. I really prayed on what we shoudl do, what path we shoudl take. This time when we tried to get pregnant I asked God if I couldnt conceive to show me what we should do and suddenly DH pops up with "lets look into fostering" and everythign falls into place perfectly----its a God thing I think! We are going with it.
<br />
<br />We are going to try it out this winter and see where we are led, we are not ruling out trying for more biologics but I dont htink its in the cards for us.
<br />
<br />I know one person here had a bad experience, I dont remember her name, Jennifer? Anyone else done this or adopted?
<br />
<br />Oh and my history for those not familiar:
<br />2004/2005 TTC
<br />2005 TTC+oral meds, U/S & timing
<br />2006 IVF - Lillian (will be 4 in december)
<br />2009 Frozen embryo transfer - negative
<br />2009 FET #2 - negative
<br />2009 FET #3 - positive
<br />Miscarriage @ 6 weeks D&C @ 8 weeks
<br />2010 FET#4 - negative (last 3 embryos)

rubyroselee

Hi Nicole,

That is great! My spouse and I have brought up fostering a couple times as well, so it definitely might be something we look into in the future. I think it is a great idea if that is what you want to do. I definitely want to hear how your experience goes. Keep us updated and good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi Nicole,

That is great! My spouse and I have brought up fostering a couple times as well, so it definitely might be something we look into in the future. I think it is a great idea if that is what you want to do. I definitely want to hear how your experience goes. Keep us updated and good luck!

rubyroselee

Hi Nicole,
<br />
<br />That is great! My spouse and I have brought up fostering a couple times as well, so it definitely might be something we look into in the future. I think it is a great idea if that is what you want to do. I definitely want to hear how your experience goes. Keep us updated and good luck!

LouLou

What a beautiful plan. I hope everything goes smoothly and that God keeps giving you strong signs as to how to proceed. Wishing you, J and L a happy future.

There's another cf that just adopted. Moxie?

LouLou

What a beautiful plan. I hope everything goes smoothly and that God keeps giving you strong signs as to how to proceed. Wishing you, J and L a happy future.

There's another cf that just adopted. Moxie?

LouLou

<br />
<br />There's another cf that just adopted. Moxie?

Jeana

I adopted my first son Christopher, 5 1/2 years ago. We did not foster parent first, so my experience is likely different than yours though. Still, if you have any questions for me, I would love to answer them. May God bless you.

Jeana

I adopted my first son Christopher, 5 1/2 years ago. We did not foster parent first, so my experience is likely different than yours though. Still, if you have any questions for me, I would love to answer them. May God bless you.

Jeana

mom2lillian

Thanks to all.

So far we have had orientation and our first home visit. I have all paperwork filled out and we go for our finger printing for the background checks tomorrow. We have a few minor things to fix up for house (lock on shed, turn down water heater type stuff, put a med shelf up higher) etc. Our application should be with the state this week and that will take about 6 weeks to get back. We have to smash our training in somewhere too.

We are very excited/apprehensive and I am just praying that we are used to help heal children and that we find the perfect children for our family.

James 1:27 has been laid on my heart and I am so ready for this journey. Thanks for teh support

27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

mom2lillian

Thanks to all.

So far we have had orientation and our first home visit. I have all paperwork filled out and we go for our finger printing for the background checks tomorrow. We have a few minor things to fix up for house (lock on shed, turn down water heater type stuff, put a med shelf up higher) etc. Our application should be with the state this week and that will take about 6 weeks to get back. We have to smash our training in somewhere too.

We are very excited/apprehensive and I am just praying that we are used to help heal children and that we find the perfect children for our family.

James 1:27 has been laid on my heart and I am so ready for this journey. Thanks for teh support

27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

mom2lillian

Thanks to all.
<br />
<br />So far we have had orientation and our first home visit. I have all paperwork filled out and we go for our finger printing for the background checks tomorrow. We have a few minor things to fix up for house (lock on shed, turn down water heater type stuff, put a med shelf up higher) etc. Our application should be with the state this week and that will take about 6 weeks to get back. We have to smash our training in somewhere too.
<br />
<br />We are very excited/apprehensive and I am just praying that we are used to help heal children and that we find the perfect children for our family.
<br />
<br />James 1:27 has been laid on my heart and I am so ready for this journey. Thanks for teh support
<br />
<br />27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.