We are worried about our son. Any insight??

juliemom25

Thanks so much for the replies thus far. Our son has been tested for parasites multiple times, so we know it's not that.

Are there any symptoms that you guys are aware of that could be overlooked as something else? Like something we might be missing?

Oh and he was already tested for Celiac and it was negative.

Thanks again and I would love to hear any other responses......

Julie

juliemom25

Thanks so much for the replies thus far. Our son has been tested for parasites multiple times, so we know it's not that.

Are there any symptoms that you guys are aware of that could be overlooked as something else? Like something we might be missing?

Julie

juliemom25

Julie

juliemom25

Julie

juliemom25

<br />
<br />Are there any symptoms that you guys are aware of that could be overlooked as something else? Like something we might be missing?
<br />
<br />Oh and he was already tested for Celiac and it was negative.
<br />
<br />Thanks again and I would love to hear any other responses......
<br />
<br />Julie

LittleMansMom

I just want to also add that when children are not of northern european descent, the mutations which cause CF are less common. This is an excellent reason to insist on full panel testing.

Good luck! I hope you get some answers soon.

LittleMansMom

I just want to also add that when children are not of northern european descent, the mutations which cause CF are less common. This is an excellent reason to insist on full panel testing.

LittleMansMom

LittleMansMom

LittleMansMom

<br />
<br />Good luck! I hope you get some answers soon.

Alyssa

Julie,

I second everything that has already been said -- especially about the reason for insisting for full testing.

Since you have now added that the parasite and celiac issues have already been ruled out I say you are very fortunate to have a doctor who is not only willing but is driven to test for CF... many people struggle to convince a doctor to test.

Yes, it is possible to only see the problems you describe and have it be CF. No mucus and not tasting salty do not rule out the possibility of CF.

Best wishes, and please keep us posted.

Alyssa

Julie,

I second everything that has already been said -- especially about the reason for insisting for full testing.

Since you have now added that the parasite and celiac issues have already been ruled out I say you are very fortunate to have a doctor who is not only willing but is driven to test for CF... many people struggle to convince a doctor to test.

Yes, it is possible to only see the problems you describe and have it be CF. No mucus and not tasting salty do not rule out the possibility of CF.

Alyssa

Julie,

Alyssa

Julie,

Alyssa

Julie,
<br />
<br />I second everything that has already been said -- especially about the reason for insisting for full testing.
<br />
<br />Since you have now added that the parasite and celiac issues have already been ruled out I say you are very fortunate to have a doctor who is not only willing but is driven to test for CF... many people struggle to convince a doctor to test.
<br />
<br />Yes, it is possible to only see the problems you describe and have it be CF. No mucus and not tasting salty do not rule out the possibility of CF.
<br />
<br />Best wishes, and please keep us posted.

juliemom25

Thank you for your replies. I will update when we know more, but I am not sure how long the bloodwork takes. We go in tomorrow.

Julie

juliemom25

Thank you for your replies. I will update when we know more, but I am not sure how long the bloodwork takes. We go in tomorrow.

Julie

juliemom25

Julie

juliemom25

Julie

juliemom25

<br />
<br />Julie