We have kicked the bottle!

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
First off.......Happy Valentines Day Eve! Okay, I finally have tossed out every bottle in the house. We are only using sippy cups. I'm using all your tips from my last post on this subject. My question tonight is it normal to experience some weight loss the first month ? Since my son has been getting so many calories out of his high calorie bottles. I'm sure it's going to take time some time to get him adjusted. I just feel so badly. We are on day two of no bottles, and the pour guy just took a couple bites at meal times. I know he hasn't consumed that much milk because his diaper were dry. He just doesn't drink as much out of the sippy cup as the bottles. I tried holding him on my lap like a do with a bottle and reading books, but he was frustrated with the cup, and tossed it on the floor. I know it's normal for toddlers to be picky at this age, and there appetite decreases. I keep second guessing myself. Please tell me that loosing the bottle might make him a stronger eater. Since I'm not drowning his appetite with a bottle. Thanks in advance....Just need some reassurance.

Sarah

Mommy to Johnny almost 18 months w/cf

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
First off.......Happy Valentines Day Eve! Okay, I finally have tossed out every bottle in the house. We are only using sippy cups. I'm using all your tips from my last post on this subject. My question tonight is it normal to experience some weight loss the first month ? Since my son has been getting so many calories out of his high calorie bottles. I'm sure it's going to take time some time to get him adjusted. I just feel so badly. We are on day two of no bottles, and the pour guy just took a couple bites at meal times. I know he hasn't consumed that much milk because his diaper were dry. He just doesn't drink as much out of the sippy cup as the bottles. I tried holding him on my lap like a do with a bottle and reading books, but he was frustrated with the cup, and tossed it on the floor. I know it's normal for toddlers to be picky at this age, and there appetite decreases. I keep second guessing myself. Please tell me that loosing the bottle might make him a stronger eater. Since I'm not drowning his appetite with a bottle. Thanks in advance....Just need some reassurance.

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />First off.......Happy Valentines Day Eve! Okay, I finally have tossed out every bottle in the house. We are only using sippy cups. I'm using all your tips from my last post on this subject. My question tonight is it normal to experience some weight loss the first month ? Since my son has been getting so many calories out of his high calorie bottles. I'm sure it's going to take time some time to get him adjusted. I just feel so badly. We are on day two of no bottles, and the pour guy just took a couple bites at meal times. I know he hasn't consumed that much milk because his diaper were dry. He just doesn't drink as much out of the sippy cup as the bottles. I tried holding him on my lap like a do with a bottle and reading books, but he was frustrated with the cup, and tossed it on the floor. I know it's normal for toddlers to be picky at this age, and there appetite decreases. I keep second guessing myself. Please tell me that loosing the bottle might make him a stronger eater. Since I'm not drowning his appetite with a bottle. Thanks in advance....Just need some reassurance.
<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />
<br />Mommy to Johnny almost 18 months w/cf

JazzysMom

Bottles can be difficult especially when calories are being given that way. Just be consistant & really push either the sippy cup (which you can make quite high in calories too) and the food.....

IF it ends up being too much.....back off for a bit & try again.

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Bottles can be difficult especially when calories are being given that way. Just be consistant & really push either the sippy cup (which you can make quite high in calories too) and the food.....

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />IF it ends up being too much.....back off for a bit & try again.
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

M

mneville

My son with CF stayed on the bottle for 4 years! It was the only way he would drink his high calorie milk. So it didn't bother me at all. WIth all my worries, the bottle was the least one. He just decided a few months ago to drink his milk with sauce out of a cup.

You should probably be prepared for less milk consumption. I think it is very normal for kids to drink less milk from a cup than the bottle. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

My son with CF stayed on the bottle for 4 years! It was the only way he would drink his high calorie milk. So it didn't bother me at all. WIth all my worries, the bottle was the least one. He just decided a few months ago to drink his milk with sauce out of a cup.

You should probably be prepared for less milk consumption. I think it is very normal for kids to drink less milk from a cup than the bottle. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />You should probably be prepared for less milk consumption. I think it is very normal for kids to drink less milk from a cup than the bottle. Good luck.
<br />
<br />Megan

S

sdelorenzo

Have you tried the Nuby sippy cups? My son drank really well on those after the bottle.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, one month no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Have you tried the Nuby sippy cups? My son drank really well on those after the bottle.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, one month no cf