We made a montage, too

ktsmom

Hi all - we finished our montage. For the others that have done one, was it as emotionally exhausting yet rewarding for you as it was for me?

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=2081392ab64d203e6d45a9&skin_id=1012&&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
">http://www.onetruemedia.com/sh...m&utm_medium=text_url
</a>

ktsmom

Hi all - we finished our montage. For the others that have done one, was it as emotionally exhausting yet rewarding for you as it was for me?

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=2081392ab64d203e6d45a9&skin_id=1012&&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
</a>

ktsmom

</a>

MYBOY

Hey Dana (nice name - mine too)
Just wanted you to know that the video looks great!! I should learn how to do that sometime! God knows I take enough pictures - at least that's what my family says!

MYBOY

Just wanted you to know that the video looks great!! I should learn how to do that sometime! God knows I take enough pictures - at least that's what my family says!

MYBOY

M

Mommafirst

Dana, that came out really great!!! You got a lot more information packed into yours than I got into mine. <br>
<br>
To answer your question, I'm still an emotional wreck when I watch ours and I know I am causing a lot of our family who are still reeling from the diagnosis cry as well. But you are right, I think its rewarding too. <br>
<br>
I had a hard time balancing the hope aspect with the reality of it all. I don't want to "tug at heartstrings" but I also don't want to gloss over the severity of everything. I'm hoping that our efforts will result in some big fundraising dollars.<br>
<br>
This is my first GreatStrides, and I'm a bit anxious of the process, but really hoping to help!!

M

Mommafirst

Dana, that came out really great!!! You got a lot more information packed into yours than I got into mine. <br>
<br>
To answer your question, I'm still an emotional wreck when I watch ours and I know I am causing a lot of our family who are still reeling from the diagnosis cry as well. But you are right, I think its rewarding too. <br>
<br>
I had a hard time balancing the hope aspect with the reality of it all. I don't want to "tug at heartstrings" but I also don't want to gloss over the severity of everything. I'm hoping that our efforts will result in some big fundraising dollars.<br>
<br>
This is my first GreatStrides, and I'm a bit anxious of the process, but really hoping to help!!

M

Mommafirst

<br>
<br>
<br>

LouLou

The video is great Dana. What wonderful information you socked into it. Your girls are lovely. It's so uplifting to me to see a healthy looking cfer.

The median age is 36.8 though...not sure where you got 38 - - maybe that is the average (which isn't the same as median)?? Just a quick lesson for anyone who doesn't remember median is the middle number so if only 5 people had cf in the US and their ages were 5, 16, 22, 60, and 92. The median would be 22. Average would be 39. I suppose median is more true because it doesn't weigh the babies that die young and the people that live until an elder age as much.

I've been fundraising my whole life and have participated in many Great Strides. I was a poster child for cf when I was little and have spoken since being a teen at multiple cf events. Please if I can help any of you with Great Strides please pm me.

LouLou

The video is great Dana. What wonderful information you socked into it. Your girls are lovely. It's so uplifting to me to see a healthy looking cfer.

The median age is 36.8 though...not sure where you got 38 - - maybe that is the average (which isn't the same as median)?? Just a quick lesson for anyone who doesn't remember median is the middle number so if only 5 people had cf in the US and their ages were 5, 16, 22, 60, and 92. The median would be 22. Average would be 39. I suppose median is more true because it doesn't weigh the babies that die young and the people that live until an elder age as much.

I've been fundraising my whole life and have participated in many Great Strides. I was a poster child for cf when I was little and have spoken since being a teen at multiple cf events. Please if I can help any of you with Great Strides please pm me.

LouLou

ktsmom

Yikes you guys saw right through me - is there too much information? You need a speed-reading course! Oh well, the damage is done, we've distributed the link. THANKS for your input.

I tried to make sure I was clear on the statistic of median age - 36.8 didn't really roll off the tongue, so to speak. And I saw 37.<i>something</i> somewhere recently and rounded it to 38. But I understand the Median to be different than the average, as Lauren pointed out.

ktsmom

Yikes you guys saw right through me - is there too much information? You need a speed-reading course! Oh well, the damage is done, we've distributed the link. THANKS for your input.

I tried to make sure I was clear on the statistic of median age - 36.8 didn't really roll off the tongue, so to speak. And I saw 37.<i>something</i> somewhere recently and rounded it to 38. But I understand the Median to be different than the average, as Lauren pointed out.

ktsmom

JazzysMom

Very nice job. There is something about seeing the siblings reading or helping in some way that really makes an impact!!!

JazzysMom

Very nice job. There is something about seeing the siblings reading or helping in some way that really makes an impact!!!

JazzysMom