Weight for transplant~

coltsfan715

Just wanted to put it out there that my port may have been accessed due to the difference in my incision. Being that my incision was not clamshell maybe that made a difference. I am not sure just speculation.

Also just reread Tracys post and I agree with the my veins are crap comment but I hated the port even more than I hate being stuck with needles so I wanted them to remove rather than give me whatever to remove the fibrin sheath that had attached to the end of it. I had a bronch done roughly 3 months after they removed it and it took them 7 sticks and ultimately a central line to get an IV started on me cause every vein they tried blew. So there are benefits to having it BUT if your veins are still holding out I would try to avoid it if possible. Then again it depends on your centers stance on the whole thing.

Linds

coltsfan715

Just wanted to put it out there that my port may have been accessed due to the difference in my incision. Being that my incision was not clamshell maybe that made a difference. I am not sure just speculation.

Also just reread Tracys post and I agree with the my veins are crap comment but I hated the port even more than I hate being stuck with needles so I wanted them to remove rather than give me whatever to remove the fibrin sheath that had attached to the end of it. I had a bronch done roughly 3 months after they removed it and it took them 7 sticks and ultimately a central line to get an IV started on me cause every vein they tried blew. So there are benefits to having it BUT if your veins are still holding out I would try to avoid it if possible. Then again it depends on your centers stance on the whole thing.

Linds

coltsfan715

Linds

coltsfan715

Linds

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />Also just reread Tracys post and I agree with the my veins are crap comment but I hated the port even more than I hate being stuck with needles so I wanted them to remove rather than give me whatever to remove the fibrin sheath that had attached to the end of it. I had a bronch done roughly 3 months after they removed it and it took them 7 sticks and ultimately a central line to get an IV started on me cause every vein they tried blew. So there are benefits to having it BUT if your veins are still holding out I would try to avoid it if possible. Then again it depends on your centers stance on the whole thing.
<br />
<br />Linds