weight gain after transplant

summer732

Lindsay,
<br />
<br />How many mgs of prednisone are you on now? I wonder if I'm the only one this far out still on 10 mgs....

vmhoward

My son was 7 years old at the time of his Tx and weighed about 41 pounds. He is now 6 months out and weighs 60 pounds. Had his G tube removed about a month after tx and still continued to gain weight. He is currently on 5 mg Prednesone everyother day for maintenence.

vmhoward

My son was 7 years old at the time of his Tx and weighed about 41 pounds. He is now 6 months out and weighs 60 pounds. Had his G tube removed about a month after tx and still continued to gain weight. He is currently on 5 mg Prednesone everyother day for maintenence.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

OldTex

Fallon:

I had my transplant done on 4/8/08 and only weighed 128 lbs on that date (I'm 5'9"). Within 3 months my weight had increased to 180 lbs (I had never before weighed over 145 lbs)and now would eat continuously. I finally slowed down my eating as they decreased the prednisone and now weigh approximately 160 lbs. which is where I want to be (they have me on 5 mg. of prednisone per day now). My face did fill out but everyone now thinks I look much healthier than anytime before the transplant. I think you will find eating a more enjoyable experience after the transplant and I am willing to bet you will look better and healthier.

Jim
Fort Worth, TX
61/m/CF

OldTex

Fallon:

I had my transplant done on 4/8/08 and only weighed 128 lbs on that date (I'm 5'9"). Within 3 months my weight had increased to 180 lbs (I had never before weighed over 145 lbs)and now would eat continuously. I finally slowed down my eating as they decreased the prednisone and now weigh approximately 160 lbs. which is where I want to be (they have me on 5 mg. of prednisone per day now). My face did fill out but everyone now thinks I look much healthier than anytime before the transplant. I think you will find eating a more enjoyable experience after the transplant and I am willing to bet you will look better and healthier.

Jim
Fort Worth, TX
61/m/CF

OldTex

Fallon:

Jim
Fort Worth, TX
61/m/CF

OldTex

Fallon:

Jim
Fort Worth, TX
61/m/CF

OldTex

Fallon:
<br />
<br />I had my transplant done on 4/8/08 and only weighed 128 lbs on that date (I'm 5'9"). Within 3 months my weight had increased to 180 lbs (I had never before weighed over 145 lbs)and now would eat continuously. I finally slowed down my eating as they decreased the prednisone and now weigh approximately 160 lbs. which is where I want to be (they have me on 5 mg. of prednisone per day now). My face did fill out but everyone now thinks I look much healthier than anytime before the transplant. I think you will find eating a more enjoyable experience after the transplant and I am willing to bet you will look better and healthier.
<br />
<br />Jim
<br />Fort Worth, TX
<br />61/m/CF