Weight Gain for Newborn

NanaKay

He's beautiful! I can't wait until Khloe is that big! I pray she gets that big! I'll try to attach some pictures! She was on breast milk and I think they were adding something to it and she seemed to do good. My daughter wasn't producing much milk so they switched Khloe to Enfamil. I'm not sure if they changed her, but I know it is 24 calorie formula. What is zantac and reglan? They have mentioned polycose and she takes her enzymes sprinkled on a little bit of applesauce. I think she may be experience liver problems as well. She is very yellow all of a sudden. If you have any more info, please let me know. Your kindness is greatly appreciated!

NanaKay

He's beautiful! I can't wait until Khloe is that big! I pray she gets that big! I'll try to attach some pictures! She was on breast milk and I think they were adding something to it and she seemed to do good. My daughter wasn't producing much milk so they switched Khloe to Enfamil. I'm not sure if they changed her, but I know it is 24 calorie formula. What is zantac and reglan? They have mentioned polycose and she takes her enzymes sprinkled on a little bit of applesauce. I think she may be experience liver problems as well. She is very yellow all of a sudden. If you have any more info, please let me know. Your kindness is greatly appreciated!

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay

just1more

To answer your liver question. TPN damages the liver. It is too difficult for a liver to process and slowly causes issues.

In most cases (I'm not sure a %) it will never progress and once you are off TPN everything is fine. However, tere are cases of patients on long-term TPN than ultimately have liver damage that requires treatment and it is just a risk you have to take in order to keep them alive/healthy.

If you have more questions, you can PM me as my son has TPN/CF related liver issues.

Edited to answer other questions:

Also, the Zantac & Reglan are related acid production/reflux. Many cystics take something along these lines (my son uses Prevacid) as it helps with the functioning of the enzymes

polycose is a calorie booster, used to help add calories easliy. And the enzymes/applesauce is standard and how she will get them until she gets old enough to swallow pills.

just1more

To answer your liver question. TPN damages the liver. It is too difficult for a liver to process and slowly causes issues.

In most cases (I'm not sure a %) it will never progress and once you are off TPN everything is fine. However, tere are cases of patients on long-term TPN than ultimately have liver damage that requires treatment and it is just a risk you have to take in order to keep them alive/healthy.

If you have more questions, you can PM me as my son has TPN/CF related liver issues.

Also, the Zantac & Reglan are related acid production/reflux. Many cystics take something along these lines (my son uses Prevacid) as it helps with the functioning of the enzymes

polycose is a calorie booster, used to help add calories easliy. And the enzymes/applesauce is standard and how she will get them until she gets old enough to swallow pills.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />In most cases (I'm not sure a %) it will never progress and once you are off TPN everything is fine. However, tere are cases of patients on long-term TPN than ultimately have liver damage that requires treatment and it is just a risk you have to take in order to keep them alive/healthy.
<br />
<br />If you have more questions, you can PM me as my son has TPN/CF related liver issues.
<br />
<br />Edited to answer other questions:
<br />
<br />Also, the Zantac & Reglan are related acid production/reflux. Many cystics take something along these lines (my son uses Prevacid) as it helps with the functioning of the enzymes
<br />
<br />polycose is a calorie booster, used to help add calories easliy. And the enzymes/applesauce is standard and how she will get them until she gets old enough to swallow pills.

sassy81172

I can echo alot of what Tom said. My precious little boy was on TPN for several months after birth. We adopted him, so were not there for all his problems at birth, but we have been with him since he was 4 1/2 months old. At that time, he was still on the TPN and was extremely yellow. At 6 months old, we had to go to Nebraska for a liver transplant evaluation. He was on the transplant list for about 6 months, but once he was off the TPN for awhile, his liver was corrected and he no longer needed a transplant.

He was also on Zantac and Reglan for quite some time, but now takes Prevacid. We added the polycose to his tube feedings for quite a long time. Now that he's 4, he's on a different tube feeding and has gone down to 3 tube feedings per week.

I am so sorry that your family is having deal with all of these issues, but please know that we are all here to help you as you begin this journey with CF. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like.

missyswafford@cox.net

sassy81172

I can echo alot of what Tom said. My precious little boy was on TPN for several months after birth. We adopted him, so were not there for all his problems at birth, but we have been with him since he was 4 1/2 months old. At that time, he was still on the TPN and was extremely yellow. At 6 months old, we had to go to Nebraska for a liver transplant evaluation. He was on the transplant list for about 6 months, but once he was off the TPN for awhile, his liver was corrected and he no longer needed a transplant.

He was also on Zantac and Reglan for quite some time, but now takes Prevacid. We added the polycose to his tube feedings for quite a long time. Now that he's 4, he's on a different tube feeding and has gone down to 3 tube feedings per week.

I am so sorry that your family is having deal with all of these issues, but please know that we are all here to help you as you begin this journey with CF. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like.

missyswafford@cox.net

sassy81172

missyswafford@cox.net

sassy81172

missyswafford@cox.net

sassy81172

<br />
<br />He was also on Zantac and Reglan for quite some time, but now takes Prevacid. We added the polycose to his tube feedings for quite a long time. Now that he's 4, he's on a different tube feeding and has gone down to 3 tube feedings per week.
<br />
<br />I am so sorry that your family is having deal with all of these issues, but please know that we are all here to help you as you begin this journey with CF. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like.
<br />
<br />missyswafford@cox.net

PlumPerfect

Have they check for jaundice? that may cause yellow and they don't really eat well when they are jaundice. my friends little girl had bad jaundice and was having a hard time eating for a while till it got better.. she got to be a glow worm...lol..

PlumPerfect

Have they check for jaundice? that may cause yellow and they don't really eat well when they are jaundice. my friends little girl had bad jaundice and was having a hard time eating for a while till it got better.. she got to be a glow worm...lol..

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect