Welcome Little Aubrey

sierradavis

Aubrey Anne was born one week ago! She is DDF508 diagnosed through an amnio. She pooped right away and everyone was so excited since they mentioned the possibility of not being able to poop right away. And she hasn't stopped pooping! Her lungs looked good and she is eating like a champ. She did lose a little weight the first 2 days but once my milk came in she is gaining. Our CF doctors were present from her birth guiding us on all we need to do. She started enzymes on Day 3 and it's amazing that she takes it so well with the applesauce! We have our first CF appointment tomorrow. She does have a little cough but they checked her lungs and everything looks and sounds good they say. We got ready to expect the worst and now that she is doing so well we can finally relax. But I do know things can change at anytime so were counting our blessings and thanking God that everything is going so well right now.
She is a remarkable and perfect little girl already. Thank you everyone for all your support and advice!

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Congrats on your precious little blessing! So glad re the poop! And sounds like off to a great start. Re the "cough" our son had one by at least week 1 or 2 and I'm pretty sure acid reflux. He has horrible acid reflux. Maybe discuss with doctor and see if they want to start on Zantac. Also, we got a position "wedge" for sleeping and also when older had an excersaucer that DS would play in after eating to help. Kisses to your precious daughter (and a big hug to mommy and daddy!)
-Love

JennyCoulon

Congrats on your new beautiful bundle of joy. I am glad that things are going so smoothly for you and your family. I was in your spot 13 years ago but my son was born with meconium ileus and required surgery 4 hours after birth, etc. He is now 13 and very healthy, he plays soccer and basketball and has had no hospital admission, *knock on wood*. We also have a 7 year old son with CF and he is very healthy also and he plays soccer and wants to play football, *this is still under debate*. I remember being in your spot and coming to this forum and finding so many helpful, supportive people. Please let me know if there is anything that I can help you with. (We also have a 20 month old little princess Peyton who doesn't have CF).

JENNYC

OH congratulations!!! She is so beautiful!!! I am so happy that everything is looking so good!!!! God is good!!

GG1995

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!
Our daughter Lexi was born back in May. She had mec. illeus and had surgery at a day old. I remember how happy we were when she pooped too. Haha
Thank the Lord she has been on enzymes and we haven't had a problem since. I was surprised how well she did with the applesauce as a newborn too. Congrats again and enjoy your new bundle of joy!

sierradavis

Thanks everyone! Our first visit went well and we learned alot more! They did hear her cough and now she is on some acid reflux medicine. Her weight is awesome! Everytime they told us our baby would be on the small side we joked that they would be surprised bc we make some chubby babies!! Her culture came back with MRSA and our Dr says it may be from the hospital and her being brand new. She is getting re cultured to see if it shows up again before they talk treatment!
God never gives us more than what we can handle and were thankful everyday for our family. When we start feeling down or thinking to much we always remember that someone out there has it way worse than we do!

P

patrish22

Aubrey Anne was born one week ago! She is DDF508 diagnosed through an amnio. She pooped right away and everyone was so excited since they mentioned the possibility of not being able to poop right away. And she hasn't stopped pooping! Her lungs looked good and she is eating like a champ. She did lose a little weight the first 2 days but once my milk came in she is gaining. Our CF doctors were present from her birth guiding us on all we need to do. She started enzymes on Day 3 and it's amazing that she takes it so well with the applesauce! We have our first CF appointment tomorrow. She does have a little cough but they checked her lungs and everything looks and sounds good they say. We got ready to expect the worst and now that she is doing so well we can finally relax. But I do know things can change at anytime so were counting our blessings and thanking God that everything is going so well right now.
She is a remarkable and perfect little girl already. Thank you everyone for all your support and advice!

What a beauty! It's so wonderful to see how far the medical world has come. On top of things from day one. May you all have many, many, many happy & healthy years together!