what are the chances

L

liveinhope

Hi Eveyone,
I am new to this so here goes.

My nephew who's parents both carry f508 have just had a son two weeks ago and he had surgery to clear a blockage, you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure, anyway, what are the chances of him having not having cf

L

liveinhope

Hi Eveyone,

My nephew who's parents both carry f508 have just had a son two weeks ago and he had surgery to clear a blockage, you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure, anyway, what are the chances of him having not having cf

L

liveinhope

Hi Eveyone,

L

liveinhope

Hi Eveyone,

L

liveinhope

Hi Eveyone,
<br />I am new to this so here goes.
<br />
<br />My nephew who's parents both carry f508 have just had a son two weeks ago and he had surgery to clear a blockage, you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure, anyway, what are the chances of him having not having cf

JazzysMom

I am slightly confused.....who had the baby? Your nephew or your nephews parents?

IF both parents of the baby are carriers there is a 25% chance the baby will have CF, 50% chance the baby will be a carrier, but not have CF & 25% chance the baby will have neither.

The fact that the baby had a blockage is a huge indicator that he could very well have CF. Of course this alone is not conclusive, but definitely should lead to additonal testing. I would by pass the sweat test & go straight for a basic panel of genetic testing since you know the gene mutations possibly involved & they are in the basic panel.

Let us know what happens!

JazzysMom

I am slightly confused.....who had the baby? Your nephew or your nephews parents?

IF both parents of the baby are carriers there is a 25% chance the baby will have CF, 50% chance the baby will be a carrier, but not have CF & 25% chance the baby will have neither.

The fact that the baby had a blockage is a huge indicator that he could very well have CF. Of course this alone is not conclusive, but definitely should lead to additonal testing. I would by pass the sweat test & go straight for a basic panel of genetic testing since you know the gene mutations possibly involved & they are in the basic panel.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />IF both parents of the baby are carriers there is a 25% chance the baby will have CF, 50% chance the baby will be a carrier, but not have CF & 25% chance the baby will have neither.
<br />
<br />The fact that the baby had a blockage is a huge indicator that he could very well have CF. Of course this alone is not conclusive, but definitely should lead to additonal testing. I would by pass the sweat test & go straight for a basic panel of genetic testing since you know the gene mutations possibly involved & they are in the basic panel.
<br />
<br />Let us know what happens!

L

liveinhope

Sorry, it's my nephew's baby
Thanks for the info
Will for sure let you know as I'll be on here a lot if he has it.

L

liveinhope

Thanks for the info

L

liveinhope

Thanks for the info

L

liveinhope

Thanks for the info

L

liveinhope

<br />Thanks for the info
<br />Will for sure let you know as I'll be on here a lot if he has it.