What are your thoughts?

JORDYSMOM

Welcome to the forum. Your instincts that your child needs to be tested are correct.

I know it's scary, and I'm sorry you are going through this. Nobody wants their child to have CF, but if yours does, getting the proper care will make a huge difference.

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Welcome to the forum. Your instincts that your child needs to be tested are correct.

I know it's scary, and I'm sorry you are going through this. Nobody wants their child to have CF, but if yours does, getting the proper care will make a huge difference.

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />I know it's scary, and I'm sorry you are going through this. Nobody wants their child to have CF, but if yours does, getting the proper care will make a huge difference.
<br />
<br />Keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

ziggygirlkcz

He has had no further testing beyond the chest xrays and they ran a CBC which they said was fine. I am taking him back to his ped to have his bottom issue checked out. His ped does know about the oily stools........we were told to give him a probiotic. All that did was make him stop going to the bathroom. He doesn't seem to have any growth issues. He has always been toward the top of the growth chart. The pediatrician has mentioned nothing about CF. I was just doing some research because he has been sick so much and nothing seems to work and came across some sites and it sounds like all of his symptoms. I really do not know anything about it beyond what I have read in the past couple of days on the internet.

ziggygirlkcz

He has had no further testing beyond the chest xrays and they ran a CBC which they said was fine. I am taking him back to his ped to have his bottom issue checked out. His ped does know about the oily stools........we were told to give him a probiotic. All that did was make him stop going to the bathroom. He doesn't seem to have any growth issues. He has always been toward the top of the growth chart. The pediatrician has mentioned nothing about CF. I was just doing some research because he has been sick so much and nothing seems to work and came across some sites and it sounds like all of his symptoms. I really do not know anything about it beyond what I have read in the past couple of days on the internet.

ziggygirlkcz

ziggygirlkcz

ziggygirlkcz

petnurse

I would say request a test. Many pediatricians don't know as much about CF as they think they do. My baby has Cf and has no symptoms. He is 95th percentile weight and 77th percentile height. Just to be safe, I would do it! Good luck!

petnurse

I would say request a test. Many pediatricians don't know as much about CF as they think they do. My baby has Cf and has no symptoms. He is 95th percentile weight and 77th percentile height. Just to be safe, I would do it! Good luck!

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse

JORDYSMOM

Most ped docs don't know a lot about CF. CF is not black & white. It presents differently in every patient. Some people with CF are over weight. My son was always in the 75th percentile.

With what you've described about your son, I think it's important to get him tested. It's a simple blood draw, and then you can either rule out CF or start the proper care to help your son feel better.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Most ped docs don't know a lot about CF. CF is not black & white. It presents differently in every patient. Some people with CF are over weight. My son was always in the 75th percentile.

With what you've described about your son, I think it's important to get him tested. It's a simple blood draw, and then you can either rule out CF or start the proper care to help your son feel better.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />With what you've described about your son, I think it's important to get him tested. It's a simple blood draw, and then you can either rule out CF or start the proper care to help your son feel better.
<br />
<br />Stacey