What can you deduct (medical) on taxes?

rcq925

So we have insurance through my job, which is an HSA plan. I put money in my HSA account and obviously that is pre-tax, so I can't claim any of that, but we have to pay out $3,000 family deductible before insuance pays anything. Then they pay 80% until the out of pocket maximum of $7,000. So can I deduct what we spend on the deductible? What percentage of your income do the medical bills need to total before you can claim them? I saw other posts about food, electricity, ect? Just curious if anyone has information on exactly what you can and can't claim and all the specifics. Thanks!!

rcq925

So we have insurance through my job, which is an HSA plan. I put money in my HSA account and obviously that is pre-tax, so I can't claim any of that, but we have to pay out $3,000 family deductible before insuance pays anything. Then they pay 80% until the out of pocket maximum of $7,000. So can I deduct what we spend on the deductible? What percentage of your income do the medical bills need to total before you can claim them? I saw other posts about food, electricity, ect? Just curious if anyone has information on exactly what you can and can't claim and all the specifics. Thanks!!

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925