What causes PFT's to be low..

Alys1987

My Dr's tell me to get plenty of sleep because if you're tired that effects it. Being in the middle of or getting an infection, an asthama flare up. I also read an article about patients ages 8-20 with CF who also had MRSA and they had a more rapid rate of delcine in their PFTS then CF patients without MRSA. The actual statistic was a 43 % more rapid decline in PFTs then CF patients without. So that can contibute to, but that's a more long term thing I think.

Alys1987

My Dr's tell me to get plenty of sleep because if you're tired that effects it. Being in the middle of or getting an infection, an asthama flare up. I also read an article about patients ages 8-20 with CF who also had MRSA and they had a more rapid rate of delcine in their PFTS then CF patients without MRSA. The actual statistic was a 43 % more rapid decline in PFTs then CF patients without. So that can contibute to, but that's a more long term thing I think.

Alys1987

Alys1987

Alys1987

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tumbleweed</b></i>

wow. i didn't know that back alignment could affect it. makes sense though. i often have back/lung pain.</end quote></div>

After going for a CF checkup for the first time after seeing my chiropractor....my pft's jumped. Sadly that was the only time, but there was nothing different about my care except getting my back adjusted.

I am prone to muscle spasms in one particular muscles that runs up the left side of my back. When I get tired, sick or even dehydrated that flares up & its really the first sign of issues for me. Until that calms down (through heat, rest, hydration, massage etc) my 02 sats go in the toilet. My PFTs are difficult to do during these times as its so uncomfortable.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tumbleweed</b></i>

wow. i didn't know that back alignment could affect it. makes sense though. i often have back/lung pain.</end quote></div>

After going for a CF checkup for the first time after seeing my chiropractor....my pft's jumped. Sadly that was the only time, but there was nothing different about my care except getting my back adjusted.

I am prone to muscle spasms in one particular muscles that runs up the left side of my back. When I get tired, sick or even dehydrated that flares up & its really the first sign of issues for me. Until that calms down (through heat, rest, hydration, massage etc) my 02 sats go in the toilet. My PFTs are difficult to do during these times as its so uncomfortable.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

wow. i didn't know that back alignment could affect it. makes sense though. i often have back/lung pain.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />wow. i didn't know that back alignment could affect it. makes sense though. i often have back/lung pain.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />After going for a CF checkup for the first time after seeing my chiropractor....my pft's jumped. Sadly that was the only time, but there was nothing different about my care except getting my back adjusted.
<br />
<br />I am prone to muscle spasms in one particular muscles that runs up the left side of my back. When I get tired, sick or even dehydrated that flares up & its really the first sign of issues for me. Until that calms down (through heat, rest, hydration, massage etc) my 02 sats go in the toilet. My PFTs are difficult to do during these times as its so uncomfortable.
<br />

Tumbleweed

hmmm.. interesting. that is sometimes one of my first signs of doing bad also. massages don't usually help me too much though- too painful.

Tumbleweed

hmmm.. interesting. that is sometimes one of my first signs of doing bad also. massages don't usually help me too much though- too painful.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed