What do I do?

nicole781

I started to feel a little warm this evening, and I took my temp and i'm at around 100 degrees... I dont' want to be around Alexa, especially b/c of the CF, but also b/c she's only 2 and 1/2 months old. I had her dad take her tonight, but if i'm still like this, what do i do when he goes to work tomorrow? I've been so careful about having her around other people until she's a little older, I'd feel so guilty if her first illness is b/c of me

nicole781

I started to feel a little warm this evening, and I took my temp and i'm at around 100 degrees... I dont' want to be around Alexa, especially b/c of the CF, but also b/c she's only 2 and 1/2 months old. I had her dad take her tonight, but if i'm still like this, what do i do when he goes to work tomorrow? I've been so careful about having her around other people until she's a little older, I'd feel so guilty if her first illness is b/c of me

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

lightNlife

Is there a grandparent she can stay with on either side of the family? You may have to ask her dad to skip work to take care of her, and call in a personal day at work. It's not the most desirable option, but it's just one of those things you have to do sometimes. Besides, think of the long-term effect of you not getting better as soon as possible...if your fever and illness linger, you may have a hard time getting back up to speed. Take care of yourself first, and see about getting some help by way of child care. Maybe even hire a babysitter to come to your house, and you quarantine yourself to one end of the house to limit contact? Just some ideas. I hope it works out. Feel better soon. Keep drinking plenty of cool water.

lightNlife

Is there a grandparent she can stay with on either side of the family? You may have to ask her dad to skip work to take care of her, and call in a personal day at work. It's not the most desirable option, but it's just one of those things you have to do sometimes. Besides, think of the long-term effect of you not getting better as soon as possible...if your fever and illness linger, you may have a hard time getting back up to speed. Take care of yourself first, and see about getting some help by way of child care. Maybe even hire a babysitter to come to your house, and you quarantine yourself to one end of the house to limit contact? Just some ideas. I hope it works out. Feel better soon. Keep drinking plenty of cool water.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Alyssa

Just do the best you can with the <i>normal - don't give everyone your cold kind of rules</i> about not spreading germs - don't kiss her, or cough or sneeze on her, wash your hands often especially when handling her food/bottle or items that will go in her mouth (binki?)

If it's easy to get some, you might want to try wearing a face mask until your fever breaks. I can't say for sure that would do any good, but it might.

Also, the obvious choice - if it is possible, have her stay with someone else.

Now, having said all of that.....caution is one thing.... being able to shield her from ever catching something from someone, including yourself, will be impossible..... if you are not too sick to be able to care for her and yourself, then don't worry about it..... she will probably be just fine.

Alyssa

Just do the best you can with the <i>normal - don't give everyone your cold kind of rules</i> about not spreading germs - don't kiss her, or cough or sneeze on her, wash your hands often especially when handling her food/bottle or items that will go in her mouth (binki?)

If it's easy to get some, you might want to try wearing a face mask until your fever breaks. I can't say for sure that would do any good, but it might.

Now, having said all of that.....caution is one thing.... being able to shield her from ever catching something from someone, including yourself, will be impossible..... if you are not too sick to be able to care for her and yourself, then don't worry about it..... she will probably be just fine.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa