what do i do

mrsp86

doctor refusing me full screening says he would put his career on the line but im that para now i really do not know what to do i do not pay for anything but if i did i would pay to the end of the earth to make my son well i will fight to get the test even if it means i have to move hospitals i will but how do i get round an addiment doctor he says its the genetic screening that tests 97 per cent of the thingys and the sweat test tests more

mrsp86

doctor refusing me full screening says he would put his career on the line but im that para now i really do not know what to do i do not pay for anything but if i did i would pay to the end of the earth to make my son well i will fight to get the test even if it means i have to move hospitals i will but how do i get round an addiment doctor he says its the genetic screening that tests 97 per cent of the thingys and the sweat test tests more

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe some of the members of this site who live in your area, can offer some suggestions as to how to proceed. I'm just not quite sure how things are done where you live. Did I understand previously that you're in the UK?

In the States, I'd recommend that you ask your doctor if he'd be willing to put a letter in writing to that affect. That you requested additional testing due to various health concerns. He's not willing to put his career on the line, but apparently he's willing to put the life of a child on the line, but not proceeding any further. There's obviously something not right with your child's health based on the descriptions you've given. If it's not CF, what do the doctors THINK it is? How do they suggest you proceed?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe some of the members of this site who live in your area, can offer some suggestions as to how to proceed. I'm just not quite sure how things are done where you live. Did I understand previously that you're in the UK?

In the States, I'd recommend that you ask your doctor if he'd be willing to put a letter in writing to that affect. That you requested additional testing due to various health concerns. He's not willing to put his career on the line, but apparently he's willing to put the life of a child on the line, but not proceeding any further. There's obviously something not right with your child's health based on the descriptions you've given. If it's not CF, what do the doctors THINK it is? How do they suggest you proceed?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />In the States, I'd recommend that you ask your doctor if he'd be willing to put a letter in writing to that affect. That you requested additional testing due to various health concerns. He's not willing to put his career on the line, but apparently he's willing to put the life of a child on the line, but not proceeding any further. There's obviously something not right with your child's health based on the descriptions you've given. If it's not CF, what do the doctors THINK it is? How do they suggest you proceed?

JORDYSMOM

I agree with Liza. Tell that doctor to put what he said in writing. He may change his tune then. How will it hurt him to order a test for you? If there are enough symptoms to justify a sweat test, then there are enough to justify a genetic test. Telling you that the sweat test checks for more than a genetic test is just rediculous.

Can you go to another doctor? Is there a CF clinic where you live? Find a doctor who will listen to you, and demand a full-panel genetic test. You can contact Ambry Genetics, and order a kit for the test. Take it with you, and make sure the doctor indicates they are to check for all known mutations.

I know 12 is a negative number, but there doesn't seem to be any other answers for your son's symptoms. I would follow this through, if only to rule out CF. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I agree with Liza. Tell that doctor to put what he said in writing. He may change his tune then. How will it hurt him to order a test for you? If there are enough symptoms to justify a sweat test, then there are enough to justify a genetic test. Telling you that the sweat test checks for more than a genetic test is just rediculous.

Can you go to another doctor? Is there a CF clinic where you live? Find a doctor who will listen to you, and demand a full-panel genetic test. You can contact Ambry Genetics, and order a kit for the test. Take it with you, and make sure the doctor indicates they are to check for all known mutations.

I know 12 is a negative number, but there doesn't seem to be any other answers for your son's symptoms. I would follow this through, if only to rule out CF. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Can you go to another doctor? Is there a CF clinic where you live? Find a doctor who will listen to you, and demand a full-panel genetic test. You can contact Ambry Genetics, and order a kit for the test. Take it with you, and make sure the doctor indicates they are to check for all known mutations.
<br />
<br />I know 12 is a negative number, but there doesn't seem to be any other answers for your son's symptoms. I would follow this through, if only to rule out CF. Hang in there, and keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

mrsp86

im at the end of my teather it was the consultant at the hospital that refused cab the gp make a full gene screening appointment

mrsp86

im at the end of my teather it was the consultant at the hospital that refused cab the gp make a full gene screening appointment

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86