what do i do

mrsp86

spoke to the old consultant who said jis sweat test came back normal and his chloride was 12 do i stii ask for a full screening

mrsp86

spoke to the old consultant who said jis sweat test came back normal and his chloride was 12 do i stii ask for a full screening

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

JORDYSMOM

Well, that is considered a negative number. I can tell you that I've met people here with sweat test numbers in the teens who did find two CF mutations with the genetic testing. Personally, I'd push for the full panel genetic test. You may have trouble getting your insurance co. to pay for the genetic testing with a negative sweat test number.

In the meantime, are they doing any treatment for your son? I think you posted about stool problems? Maybe he would benefit from taking enzymes?

I know you are struggling here, and I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to want to help your child feel better. To know in your heart that something just isn't right, and be told by doctors that it's just allergies and asthma. I sincerely hope that you can find the answers you need to help your son.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Well, that is considered a negative number. I can tell you that I've met people here with sweat test numbers in the teens who did find two CF mutations with the genetic testing. Personally, I'd push for the full panel genetic test. You may have trouble getting your insurance co. to pay for the genetic testing with a negative sweat test number.

In the meantime, are they doing any treatment for your son? I think you posted about stool problems? Maybe he would benefit from taking enzymes?

I know you are struggling here, and I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to want to help your child feel better. To know in your heart that something just isn't right, and be told by doctors that it's just allergies and asthma. I sincerely hope that you can find the answers you need to help your son.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />In the meantime, are they doing any treatment for your son? I think you posted about stool problems? Maybe he would benefit from taking enzymes?
<br />
<br />I know you are struggling here, and I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to want to help your child feel better. To know in your heart that something just isn't right, and be told by doctors that it's just allergies and asthma. I sincerely hope that you can find the answers you need to help your son.
<br />
<br />Stacey

PlumPerfect

go with your gut. most likely you are in the clear specially with a low number, no chance of it being in the borderline zone. If you just can't get it out of your head it never hurts to get further testing. I would also look into other possibilities.

PlumPerfect

go with your gut. most likely you are in the clear specially with a low number, no chance of it being in the borderline zone. If you just can't get it out of your head it never hurts to get further testing. I would also look into other possibilities.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

Marjolein

With all of his symptoms I would push for a full panel genetic test too. I think that is now for over 1600 mutations.

I know lots of stories of people with a really low sweat test number but do have CF..

I do hope that it's not CF.
But that you will find out what can help your son feel well.

Marjolein

With all of his symptoms I would push for a full panel genetic test too. I think that is now for over 1600 mutations.

I know lots of stories of people with a really low sweat test number but do have CF..

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />I know lots of stories of people with a really low sweat test number but do have CF..
<br />
<br />I do hope that it's not CF.
<br />But that you will find out what can help your son feel well.