What do you do for work or got to school for?

KMV77

Didn't really try searching but wondering what everyone does for work, or goes to school for?

I am an Occupational Therapy assistant and I work at a residential facility for men with mental retardation. I am lucky because they let me work evenings so I only get 65 hrs every 2 weeks and am still full time, so I get days off. I still get no time to myself because I am doing IV's and vest/nebs when I get home, then I get up with the kids. I thinks what kicked my but and got me sick recently. I get to be w/ the kids in the day though so no baby sitters!
Kevin

KMV77

Didn't really try searching but wondering what everyone does for work, or goes to school for?

I am an Occupational Therapy assistant and I work at a residential facility for men with mental retardation. I am lucky because they let me work evenings so I only get 65 hrs every 2 weeks and am still full time, so I get days off. I still get no time to myself because I am doing IV's and vest/nebs when I get home, then I get up with the kids. I thinks what kicked my but and got me sick recently. I get to be w/ the kids in the day though so no baby sitters!
Kevin

KMV77

Kevin

M

MCGrad2006

I am an on-call elementary school substitute teacher! Maybe not the best thing for a CFer with the germs, but I love what I do. Its much better than what I used to do...daycare...b/c I dont have to wipe the older kids noses at least. It kind of sucks because they call me so early in the morning (sometimes the night before), so thats why I say 'on-call.' I recently graduated college, which is why I am still only part time. I will be looking for a 'real' teaching job shortly, hopefully for next year! I like the idea of influencing children and being THAT teacher that they love. Plus, I will be able to get summers off, sick days...and school vacations. That will be good, at least if I do get sick, I will be able to regain my stamina back during those times.

M

MCGrad2006

I am an on-call elementary school substitute teacher! Maybe not the best thing for a CFer with the germs, but I love what I do. Its much better than what I used to do...daycare...b/c I dont have to wipe the older kids noses at least. It kind of sucks because they call me so early in the morning (sometimes the night before), so thats why I say 'on-call.' I recently graduated college, which is why I am still only part time. I will be looking for a 'real' teaching job shortly, hopefully for next year! I like the idea of influencing children and being THAT teacher that they love. Plus, I will be able to get summers off, sick days...and school vacations. That will be good, at least if I do get sick, I will be able to regain my stamina back during those times.

M

MCGrad2006

JazzysMom

I am Executive Director of a Home Based Life Center (a/k/a stay at home mom & wife). Before retirementin 1/2000 I worked in the Admissions Office of our local hospital and prior to that I worked as Chief Mobil Operator at a local Answering Service then before that (and my very first job) I worked at a local law firm.

JazzysMom

I am Executive Director of a Home Based Life Center (a/k/a stay at home mom & wife). Before retirementin 1/2000 I worked in the Admissions Office of our local hospital and prior to that I worked as Chief Mobil Operator at a local Answering Service then before that (and my very first job) I worked at a local law firm.

JazzysMom

ej0820

I currently work at a craft store (Pat Catans) and go to school full time for medical technology. I am, however, kind of looking for a better job than a retail job. Jazzysmom, may I ask...what did it take to work in hospital admissions? Did you have to work with/around a lot of patients or was it a more "behind the scences" kind of job?

ej0820

I currently work at a craft store (Pat Catans) and go to school full time for medical technology. I am, however, kind of looking for a better job than a retail job. Jazzysmom, may I ask...what did it take to work in hospital admissions? Did you have to work with/around a lot of patients or was it a more "behind the scences" kind of job?

ej0820

Dreamer

After this semester, I will only have two classes left at Georgia State University. I am a double-major in Speech and Journalism. I work part-time as a marketing intern for a recruitment firm.

I stay pretty busy, but I love it!

Dreamer

After this semester, I will only have two classes left at Georgia State University. I am a double-major in Speech and Journalism. I work part-time as a marketing intern for a recruitment firm.

Dreamer

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ej0820</b></i>

I currently work at a craft store (Pat Catans) and go to school full time for medical technology. I am, however, kind of looking for a better job than a retail job. Jazzysmom, may I ask...what did it take to work in hospital admissions? Did you have to work with/around a lot of patients or was it a more "behind the scences" kind of job?</end quote></div>

No I dealt directly with the patients. It was even required to go to their rooms matter if they were an ER admit or scheduled admission. The only time I had any problems or scares was when I overworked myself and one time when I was pregnant we had a patient who had chicken pox get admitted. The admitting doctor sent them thru Admissions as a scheduled admit instead of an ER admit. The head of the Infection Control department went crazy for 2 reasons. One I had CF & never had the chicken pox and secondly I was pregnant at the time. I had to rush around looking for a chicken pox vaccine (adult dose) & get it administered within 96 hours. Thanks to the help of this Infection Control director and the Emergency Room Director of another hospital and a third hospitals Pharmacy Director I was able to get vaccinated. I loved my job. I am sure that there were times I got sick that could have been avoided, but I would do it again.

JazzysMom

I currently work at a craft store (Pat Catans) and go to school full time for medical technology. I am, however, kind of looking for a better job than a retail job. Jazzysmom, may I ask...what did it take to work in hospital admissions? Did you have to work with/around a lot of patients or was it a more "behind the scences" kind of job?</end quote></div>

No I dealt directly with the patients. It was even required to go to their rooms matter if they were an ER admit or scheduled admission. The only time I had any problems or scares was when I overworked myself and one time when I was pregnant we had a patient who had chicken pox get admitted. The admitting doctor sent them thru Admissions as a scheduled admit instead of an ER admit. The head of the Infection Control department went crazy for 2 reasons. One I had CF & never had the chicken pox and secondly I was pregnant at the time. I had to rush around looking for a chicken pox vaccine (adult dose) & get it administered within 96 hours. Thanks to the help of this Infection Control director and the Emergency Room Director of another hospital and a third hospitals Pharmacy Director I was able to get vaccinated. I loved my job. I am sure that there were times I got sick that could have been avoided, but I would do it again.

JazzysMom

Allie

Ry was a computer swiss army knife. He built, fixed, programmed, set up networks, whatever needed to be done, he did it. He worked for a local company until Ahava was born, then went into business for himself.

Allie

Ry was a computer swiss army knife. He built, fixed, programmed, set up networks, whatever needed to be done, he did it. He worked for a local company until Ahava was born, then went into business for himself.