What do you do while waiting??

kaylamarie19

hey Im having a hard time keeping busy waiting for my transplant.Im sure many of you can relate that I feel stuck and like my life is on hold. I get bored easily and am finding this whole thing overwhelming at times. If you could just give me some ideas...thanks

kaylamarie19

hey Im having a hard time keeping busy waiting for my transplant.Im sure many of you can relate that I feel stuck and like my life is on hold. I get bored easily and am finding this whole thing overwhelming at times. If you could just give me some ideas...thanks

kaylamarie19

kaylamarie19

kaylamarie19

coltsfan715

Hey Kayla,

I completely understand the boredom and the way you can drive yourself insane waiting. I was listed and transplanted earlier this year. For me I just did anything I could to keep my mind busy. I scrapbook, so I did some of that. I watched movies or TV. I would attempt to do anything that I thought may keep my mind off the actual waiting. I spent alot of time on this site also honestly. I browsed the internet alot. I DROVE alot. If you are able to get out on your own you may enjoy that though I know gas prices are crazy right now. I would sometimes just drive around town for a few hours. I would try to get cleaned up and go to someplace for lunch. Even if it was just a drive through I just wanted out of my house at times. I read alot and played cards alot - mainly with friends if they were available.

It is hard not to feel stuck when you are waiting and dealing with being so sick. Like I would tell my mom and my fiance it is extremely frustrating when you KNOW you have something to contribute mentally but can't physically.

One thing that I enjoyed too was making a list of all the stuff I wanted to do post transplant. It gave me something to look forward too as well as occupied my mind and kept me from thinking of things that triggered my anxieties (because as I am sure you know anxiety runs high at that time too).

I say anything that you find interesting explore it if you can. If you want to exercise but can't maybe just stretch some in the mornings or just do what you can around the house maybe take a few extra trips up and down the hallway or something like that. If you have a pet play with or pet them. If you like coloring ... color drawing ... draw. Anything you can think of try it. I am sure you are probably thinking of alot of things and then thinking I wish I could do that - but try thinking of things that you can do without wearing you out - the goal isn't to do something and then feel crappy afterwards it is to find something you can do and still feel good.

If you ever want to talk my email is Divawithwings@gmail.com. Feel free to email me whenever you get bored and need something to do -- if you want too. I try to return all emails I get though sometimes it takes some time if I get preoccupied with other things.

Hope you are having a good day. Also to mention you may get more replies if you post this in the Adult section or even the Transplant section in comparison to the Teens and Young Adult section.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Hey Kayla,

I completely understand the boredom and the way you can drive yourself insane waiting. I was listed and transplanted earlier this year. For me I just did anything I could to keep my mind busy. I scrapbook, so I did some of that. I watched movies or TV. I would attempt to do anything that I thought may keep my mind off the actual waiting. I spent alot of time on this site also honestly. I browsed the internet alot. I DROVE alot. If you are able to get out on your own you may enjoy that though I know gas prices are crazy right now. I would sometimes just drive around town for a few hours. I would try to get cleaned up and go to someplace for lunch. Even if it was just a drive through I just wanted out of my house at times. I read alot and played cards alot - mainly with friends if they were available.

It is hard not to feel stuck when you are waiting and dealing with being so sick. Like I would tell my mom and my fiance it is extremely frustrating when you KNOW you have something to contribute mentally but can't physically.

One thing that I enjoyed too was making a list of all the stuff I wanted to do post transplant. It gave me something to look forward too as well as occupied my mind and kept me from thinking of things that triggered my anxieties (because as I am sure you know anxiety runs high at that time too).

I say anything that you find interesting explore it if you can. If you want to exercise but can't maybe just stretch some in the mornings or just do what you can around the house maybe take a few extra trips up and down the hallway or something like that. If you have a pet play with or pet them. If you like coloring ... color drawing ... draw. Anything you can think of try it. I am sure you are probably thinking of alot of things and then thinking I wish I could do that - but try thinking of things that you can do without wearing you out - the goal isn't to do something and then feel crappy afterwards it is to find something you can do and still feel good.

If you ever want to talk my email is Divawithwings@gmail.com. Feel free to email me whenever you get bored and need something to do -- if you want too. I try to return all emails I get though sometimes it takes some time if I get preoccupied with other things.

Hope you are having a good day. Also to mention you may get more replies if you post this in the Adult section or even the Transplant section in comparison to the Teens and Young Adult section.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Hey Kayla,

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Hey Kayla,

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Hey Kayla,

Take Care,
Linds