What do you do with your life?

i work 24-34 hours a week.
i go to school full time.
i have a boyfriend.
yeah so that is pretty much what i do. also including family things and cf stuff as well. and im still pretty healthy.
although i know not a lot of cfers can do what i do because of getting sick so much.
im in the hospital maybe 1-2 times a year and do home ivs like 3 times a year or so. my work is really good about me leaving for hospital stays or doing home ivs. i get disability when im not working since im usually out for 3-4 weeks so i still make money to pay my bills. its not permanent disability of course. my lungs fev are still in the mid 70s-low80s.

i work 24-34 hours a week.
<br />i go to school full time.
<br />i have a boyfriend.
<br />yeah so that is pretty much what i do. also including family things and cf stuff as well. and im still pretty healthy.
<br />although i know not a lot of cfers can do what i do because of getting sick so much.
<br />im in the hospital maybe 1-2 times a year and do home ivs like 3 times a year or so. my work is really good about me leaving for hospital stays or doing home ivs. i get disability when im not working since im usually out for 3-4 weeks so i still make money to pay my bills. its not permanent disability of course. my lungs fev are still in the mid 70s-low80s.

I'm 31...been married now for a little over 10 years and we have no children. I've been very fortunate and have always managed to keep a full time job since graduating from college in 2000 with an associates in Office Systems Technology. I have worked in law firms since then and am currently studying to take the NALA CLA/CP exam. I absolutely love my job but I deal with the public a lot and that has sort of started to take a toll on my health so I'm having to learn to make some new habits that I've not had to do in the past. I'm learning I'm not good at this, either!!

I stay active in our church (or try to anyways!) and I'm very close to my family.

I'm 31...been married now for a little over 10 years and we have no children. I've been very fortunate and have always managed to keep a full time job since graduating from college in 2000 with an associates in Office Systems Technology. I have worked in law firms since then and am currently studying to take the NALA CLA/CP exam. I absolutely love my job but I deal with the public a lot and that has sort of started to take a toll on my health so I'm having to learn to make some new habits that I've not had to do in the past. I'm learning I'm not good at this, either!!

I stay active in our church (or try to anyways!) and I'm very close to my family.

<br />
<br />I stay active in our church (or try to anyways!) and I'm very close to my family.

W

windex125

I lived a pretty productive life for a long time, wkd full time almost 20yrs, had my son late at 36, he will be 20 in 2 weeks. Boy I can't wait for him to move out. LOL now I am sitting on the sidelines more or less. In my mind I want to keeping pushing and I do for the most part, but I am beginning to feel really tired of it all at times. So I think I am in rest mode Pat-55/CF

W

windex125

I lived a pretty productive life for a long time, wkd full time almost 20yrs, had my son late at 36, he will be 20 in 2 weeks. Boy I can't wait for him to move out. LOL now I am sitting on the sidelines more or less. In my mind I want to keeping pushing and I do for the most part, but I am beginning to feel really tired of it all at times. So I think I am in rest mode Pat-55/CF

W

windex125

Solo

I work on cars now, and I've been doing it for 10+ years. But currently, and since September, I've been out on workman's comp because of a knee injury I suffered there. I haven't been hospitalized since 2008, I'm pretty healthy CF wise, it's just this bone density thing really seems to kick my ass. Plus the fact of diabetes. Every single pain pill I take seems to negatively affect either CF or diabetes. I was taking some spare Tylenol 3's, and my blood sugar was 400 a few hours later! OTC NSAIDS off course make me constipated. I've had a lot of time to think, since I believe in karmic retribution, I think I must've done something really, really terrible in a past life.

But if anyone suffers from any type of arthritis or a bone density, I highly recommend the pill Zymosine. I would still be taking it if it were not for the glucosamine in it makes my blood glucose skyrocket. But nevertheless, it's a Godsend.

Solo

I work on cars now, and I've been doing it for 10+ years. But currently, and since September, I've been out on workman's comp because of a knee injury I suffered there. I haven't been hospitalized since 2008, I'm pretty healthy CF wise, it's just this bone density thing really seems to kick my ass. Plus the fact of diabetes. Every single pain pill I take seems to negatively affect either CF or diabetes. I was taking some spare Tylenol 3's, and my blood sugar was 400 a few hours later! OTC NSAIDS off course make me constipated. I've had a lot of time to think, since I believe in karmic retribution, I think I must've done something really, really terrible in a past life.

But if anyone suffers from any type of arthritis or a bone density, I highly recommend the pill Zymosine. I would still be taking it if it were not for the glucosamine in it makes my blood glucose skyrocket. But nevertheless, it's a Godsend.

Solo

<br />
<br />But if anyone suffers from any type of arthritis or a bone density, I highly recommend the pill Zymosine. I would still be taking it if it were not for the glucosamine in it makes my blood glucose skyrocket. But nevertheless, it's a Godsend.

krisgabes

I'm a social worker. I work full time at an agency where we help senior citizens remain independent in their homes. It is difficult some weeks more than others to be able to have the same energy but I try. Thankfully my employers have been ultra understanding of the CF.

krisgabes

I'm a social worker. I work full time at an agency where we help senior citizens remain independent in their homes. It is difficult some weeks more than others to be able to have the same energy but I try. Thankfully my employers have been ultra understanding of the CF.

krisgabes

Lex

I decided that being a personal trainer was ideal for me because I could make my schedule to suite my needs and then in my down time, I exercise. Plus working for a club, I have benefits and a nice pay.

Can't beat that!

Lex

I decided that being a personal trainer was ideal for me because I could make my schedule to suite my needs and then in my down time, I exercise. Plus working for a club, I have benefits and a nice pay.

Can't beat that!

Lex

<br />
<br />Can't beat that!

minimedic304

I am a professional fishing guide in Orlando. I own my own small business. I worked prior to this as a paramedic for nearly 10 years. I also run a foundation to help patients with cystic fibrosis pay for medications...kevin a przybyl breathe easy foundation.

do something, anything....it keeps you going mentally and physically..even if its just a few hours a week.

minimedic304

I am a professional fishing guide in Orlando. I own my own small business. I worked prior to this as a paramedic for nearly 10 years. I also run a foundation to help patients with cystic fibrosis pay for medications...kevin a przybyl breathe easy foundation.

do something, anything....it keeps you going mentally and physically..even if its just a few hours a week.

minimedic304

<br />
<br />do something, anything....it keeps you going mentally and physically..even if its just a few hours a week.