what do you take for a cold?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
The SImply Saline is over the counter, you can get it in the cough/cold area in the drug store. Try and get the 3%(it in the blue bottle). To get him to do the saline, bribery works well; a piece of gum/candy for a squirty nose(that's what we call it). I tell Maggie we are giving her nose a shower. Sometimes kids are really stubborn so if he really hates it or won't let you do it I wouldn't force the issue. Just make him drink lots of fluids, get him in the shower or bath and watch that cough.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
The SImply Saline is over the counter, you can get it in the cough/cold area in the drug store. Try and get the 3%(it in the blue bottle). To get him to do the saline, bribery works well; a piece of gum/candy for a squirty nose(that's what we call it). I tell Maggie we are giving her nose a shower. Sometimes kids are really stubborn so if he really hates it or won't let you do it I wouldn't force the issue. Just make him drink lots of fluids, get him in the shower or bath and watch that cough.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We also use the simply saline in the blue bottle. I had to order the 3% online, but I've found the .9% in the white bottle at Walmart. I found that using regular saline spray was nasty 'cuz it'd act like a bulb syringe and suck the boogies back into the containe. Bleah! And the mist is much finer with the simply saline.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We also use the simply saline in the blue bottle. I had to order the 3% online, but I've found the .9% in the white bottle at Walmart. I found that using regular saline spray was nasty 'cuz it'd act like a bulb syringe and suck the boogies back into the containe. Bleah! And the mist is much finer with the simply saline.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member