What does Cystic Fibrosis demand of you?

T

Tigrastic

CF demands almost constant attention: When I get up, I have to have breakfast, even when I don't want to. I then have to workout, or do some other exercise such as swimming. Then I have to do physio-therapy.
I have to do sport twice a day and, if I start coughing I have to stop whatever I'm doing to do physio.
I have to remember to take all my medication -on time- (*goes and swallows the pill she'd forgotten*)
Every evening I have to do physio, pep and inhale for 30 minutes.
Sometimes I have to get up during the night to cough up or take my pills. CF demands a stable life-style, and, in turn, turns it upside down!

On the other hand I have learnt a lot from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis has definitely changed me, and my perspective on life! It has helped me learn and practice patience, perseverance and self control! It has taught me to look to God when all my troubles tower over me. When CF is more then I can handle, He's there.

What has Cystic Fibrosis done for you? what sacrifices have you had to make because of it? How has it changed you?

T

Tigrastic

CF demands almost constant attention: When I get up, I have to have breakfast, even when I don't want to. I then have to workout, or do some other exercise such as swimming. Then I have to do physio-therapy.
I have to do sport twice a day and, if I start coughing I have to stop whatever I'm doing to do physio.
I have to remember to take all my medication -on time- (*goes and swallows the pill she'd forgotten*)
Sometimes I have to get up during the night to cough up or take my pills. CF demands a stable life-style, and, in turn, turns it upside down!

On the other hand I have learnt a lot from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis has definitely changed me, and my perspective on life! It has helped me learn and practice patience, perseverance and self control! It has taught me to look to God when all my troubles tower over me. When CF is more then I can handle, He's there.

What has Cystic Fibrosis done for you? what sacrifices have you had to make because of it? How has it changed you?

T

Tigrastic

T

Tigrastic

T

Tigrastic

<br />
<br />CF demands almost constant attention: When I get up, I have to have breakfast, even when I don't want to. I then have to workout, or do some other exercise such as swimming. Then I have to do physio-therapy.
<br />I have to do sport twice a day and, if I start coughing I have to stop whatever I'm doing to do physio.
<br />I have to remember to take all my medication -on time- (*goes and swallows the pill she'd forgotten*)
<br />Every evening I have to do physio, pep and inhale for 30 minutes.
<br />Sometimes I have to get up during the night to cough up or take my pills. CF demands a stable life-style, and, in turn, turns it upside down!
<br />
<br />On the other hand I have learnt a lot from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis has definitely changed me, and my perspective on life! It has helped me learn and practice patience, perseverance and self control! It has taught me to look to God when all my troubles tower over me. When CF is more then I can handle, He's there.
<br />
<br />
<br />What has Cystic Fibrosis done for you? what sacrifices have you had to make because of it? How has it changed you?

lilywing

Wow, I admire the perspective you have at such a young age. I know that when I was 16, I was in DENIAL. I neglected my health and engaged in some pretty self-destructive behaviors. I continued to do so, up until 54 days ago (I'm 30 now). I wish I could turn back time and change a lot of things.
Keep it up, Mitchie!

lilywing

Wow, I admire the perspective you have at such a young age. I know that when I was 16, I was in DENIAL. I neglected my health and engaged in some pretty self-destructive behaviors. I continued to do so, up until 54 days ago (I'm 30 now). I wish I could turn back time and change a lot of things.
Keep it up, Mitchie!

lilywing

Keep it up, Mitchie!

lilywing

Keep it up, Mitchie!

lilywing

<br />Keep it up, Mitchie!

scooba369

CF has made me who I am today. Without CF I wouldn't have to go to the hospital or take pills but, if I didn't have CF I might have something worse. I think CF sucks but in a weird way I don't know who I would be without it. I don't have to make that many sacrifices other then taking pills and breathing treatments. I live a really normal life but still take care of myself. I have only been hospitalized 3 times and I am almost 16 (woo hoo driving)!!

scooba369

CF has made me who I am today. Without CF I wouldn't have to go to the hospital or take pills but, if I didn't have CF I might have something worse. I think CF sucks but in a weird way I don't know who I would be without it. I don't have to make that many sacrifices other then taking pills and breathing treatments. I live a really normal life but still take care of myself. I have only been hospitalized 3 times and I am almost 16 (woo hoo driving)!!

scooba369

scooba369

scooba369

kadibug

yea same here, they put me in the hospital alot, i hate to say your lucky but in other cases you are
i was diagnosed at 4 months

kadibug

yea same here, they put me in the hospital alot, i hate to say your lucky but in other cases you are

kadibug

kadibug

kadibug

<br />i was diagnosed at 4 months