What does your infant eat in a day?

carrierae21

Here is what Cammie eats (she's almost 1):

8am:
2 containers stage 2 or 3 fruit
1/3 cup fruit, banana or apple cereal (either oatmeal or rice) mixed with 3 oz formula

10am:
1/2 container fruit or a few bites depending on how tired she is just to get her enzymes.
2 oz formula before nap

12pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable
1/3 cup fruit, banana or apple cereal (either oatmeal or rice) mixed with 3 oz formula

3pm:
1/2 container fruit or a few bites depending on how tired she is just to get her enzymes.
2 oz formula before nap

5pm:
1 container fruit w/ DHA when she wakes up from her nap

I try to get her to self feed while we eat dinner with whatever we are having so she gets in the habit of eating when we are and what we are. She loves meatballs, chicken, pork, rice, green beans, veggies w/ ranch, etc. I give her a few botes of pears or applesauce with enzymes before she starts eating.
7pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable
1 jar stage 2 or 3 meats (ex mac & cheese, chicken & rice,
turkey dinner, etc.)
2 oz formula before bed
The juice has sodium and the meats have a lot of sodium so we don't typically have to add a lot of salt to her diet...especially when she has salty snacks like cheeze-its!

She also usually has juice during the day and snacks like toddler yogurt bites, cheeze-its, pickles, etc.

She loves to eat so I'm sure that this seems like a ton of food!

carrierae21

8am:

10am:
2 oz formula before nap

12pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable

3pm:
2 oz formula before nap

5pm:

I try to get her to self feed while we eat dinner with whatever we are having so she gets in the habit of eating when we are and what we are. She loves meatballs, chicken, pork, rice, green beans, veggies w/ ranch, etc. I give her a few botes of pears or applesauce with enzymes before she starts eating.
7pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable
turkey dinner, etc.)
2 oz formula before bed
The juice has sodium and the meats have a lot of sodium so we don't typically have to add a lot of salt to her diet...especially when she has salty snacks like cheeze-its!

She also usually has juice during the day and snacks like toddler yogurt bites, cheeze-its, pickles, etc.

carrierae21

8am:

10am:
2 oz formula before nap

12pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable

3pm:
2 oz formula before nap

5pm:

7pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable
turkey dinner, etc.)
2 oz formula before bed

carrierae21

8am:

10am:
2 oz formula before nap

12pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable

3pm:
2 oz formula before nap

5pm:

7pm:
1 container fruit
1 container vegetable
turkey dinner, etc.)
2 oz formula before bed

carrierae21

<br />
<br />8am:
<br />2 containers stage 2 or 3 fruit
<br />1/3 cup fruit, banana or apple cereal (either oatmeal or rice) mixed with 3 oz formula
<br />
<br />10am:
<br />1/2 container fruit or a few bites depending on how tired she is just to get her enzymes.
<br />2 oz formula before nap
<br />
<br />12pm:
<br />1 container fruit
<br />1 container vegetable
<br />1/3 cup fruit, banana or apple cereal (either oatmeal or rice) mixed with 3 oz formula
<br />
<br />3pm:
<br />1/2 container fruit or a few bites depending on how tired she is just to get her enzymes.
<br />2 oz formula before nap
<br />
<br />5pm:
<br />1 container fruit w/ DHA when she wakes up from her nap
<br />
<br />I try to get her to self feed while we eat dinner with whatever we are having so she gets in the habit of eating when we are and what we are. She loves meatballs, chicken, pork, rice, green beans, veggies w/ ranch, etc. I give her a few botes of pears or applesauce with enzymes before she starts eating.
<br />7pm:
<br />1 container fruit
<br />1 container vegetable
<br />1 jar stage 2 or 3 meats (ex mac & cheese, chicken & rice,
<br />turkey dinner, etc.)
<br />2 oz formula before bed
<br />The juice has sodium and the meats have a lot of sodium so we don't typically have to add a lot of salt to her diet...especially when she has salty snacks like cheeze-its!
<br />
<br />She also usually has juice during the day and snacks like toddler yogurt bites, cheeze-its, pickles, etc.
<br />
<br />She loves to eat so I'm sure that this seems like a ton of food!

TobysMom

Toby is 4 months old and I KNOW he isn't eating enough!

He is in the 5th %ile for weight and 10th for height, so I am trying to get him to eat more! But, he was born small, so it is normal for him to be small because of that. He was OFF the curve 2 months ago and is now at least on it, so his pedi isnt overly concerned. We'll see what clinic says on monday!

He did go from eating 3oz per feeding every 3-4 hours to eating 5oz every 3-4 hours, but sometimes he wont eat all 5oz. I count how much he eats over the course of the day though, and I try to make sure he eats at least 24 oz per day. I feed him either similac advanced, but use extra powder to increase calories OR enfacare, which is 22 cal/oz... i try to make it at least 24-25cal/oz for him though. He doesnt really seem to want to eat a full meal of solids just yet either. He'll take his meds w/some baby food, but he just doesn't seem to want a meal out of it yet. So, every couple of days, I'll try him w/some cereal and baby food, so hopefully he'll start eating more SOON!

TobysMom

He is in the 5th %ile for weight and 10th for height, so I am trying to get him to eat more! But, he was born small, so it is normal for him to be small because of that. He was OFF the curve 2 months ago and is now at least on it, so his pedi isnt overly concerned. We'll see what clinic says on monday!

He did go from eating 3oz per feeding every 3-4 hours to eating 5oz every 3-4 hours, but sometimes he wont eat all 5oz. I count how much he eats over the course of the day though, and I try to make sure he eats at least 24 oz per day. I feed him either similac advanced, but use extra powder to increase calories OR enfacare, which is 22 cal/oz... i try to make it at least 24-25cal/oz for him though. He doesnt really seem to want to eat a full meal of solids just yet either. He'll take his meds w/some baby food, but he just doesn't seem to want a meal out of it yet. So, every couple of days, I'll try him w/some cereal and baby food, so hopefully he'll start eating more SOON!

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom

<br />
<br />He is in the 5th %ile for weight and 10th for height, so I am trying to get him to eat more! But, he was born small, so it is normal for him to be small because of that. He was OFF the curve 2 months ago and is now at least on it, so his pedi isnt overly concerned. We'll see what clinic says on monday!
<br />
<br />He did go from eating 3oz per feeding every 3-4 hours to eating 5oz every 3-4 hours, but sometimes he wont eat all 5oz. I count how much he eats over the course of the day though, and I try to make sure he eats at least 24 oz per day. I feed him either similac advanced, but use extra powder to increase calories OR enfacare, which is 22 cal/oz... i try to make it at least 24-25cal/oz for him though. He doesnt really seem to want to eat a full meal of solids just yet either. He'll take his meds w/some baby food, but he just doesn't seem to want a meal out of it yet. So, every couple of days, I'll try him w/some cereal and baby food, so hopefully he'll start eating more SOON!