what good has insurance done for you?

mom2lillian

I also am fortunate to have wonderful insurance, it is such a piece of mind to know that I never have to pay a portion of anything--ever, no deductibles, just co-pays and all my meds are 100% covered.

I used to stress so much before I completed my education and got a 'good' job with bene's. The down side is I truly cant afford to quit my job--ever, I would have to be offered a job making 2x as much to be worth it at another company with 'average' insurance and leave plan. I would like the flexibility of being able to move around a bit more without fearing of my insurance issues but I remind myself I am fortunate to have it in teh first place!

I also have disability that will pay 70% of my income should I become disabled then after a year I believe it is 50%. I get paid for my FMLA time which is also another thing that allows me to breathe easy when I do get sick or allows me to take a day off before I get too sick without worrying.

mom2lillian

I also am fortunate to have wonderful insurance, it is such a piece of mind to know that I never have to pay a portion of anything--ever, no deductibles, just co-pays and all my meds are 100% covered.

I used to stress so much before I completed my education and got a 'good' job with bene's. The down side is I truly cant afford to quit my job--ever, I would have to be offered a job making 2x as much to be worth it at another company with 'average' insurance and leave plan. I would like the flexibility of being able to move around a bit more without fearing of my insurance issues but I remind myself I am fortunate to have it in teh first place!

I also have disability that will pay 70% of my income should I become disabled then after a year I believe it is 50%. I get paid for my FMLA time which is also another thing that allows me to breathe easy when I do get sick or allows me to take a day off before I get too sick without worrying.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

65rosessamurai

Sorry I can't help...my Insurance is a type of "social insurance" that was this way from the start...and even some areas (such as Cancer) is not covered...there are some other things (like my neb machine was not covered at all) which are out of the insurance's hands.
Overall, it seems to be better insurance than the states, they seem to pay out the most. However, it has it's downfalls, of course.

65rosessamurai

Sorry I can't help...my Insurance is a type of "social insurance" that was this way from the start...and even some areas (such as Cancer) is not covered...there are some other things (like my neb machine was not covered at all) which are out of the insurance's hands.
Overall, it seems to be better insurance than the states, they seem to pay out the most. However, it has it's downfalls, of course.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

Sakem

It's wrong that insurance is tied to your job. A good insurance really has little to do with the specific company, but more with who your employer is. They pick which plan they want for the employees. The more they value them, the more they are willing to spend.

Sakem

It's wrong that insurance is tied to your job. A good insurance really has little to do with the specific company, but more with who your employer is. They pick which plan they want for the employees. The more they value them, the more they are willing to spend.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

jamie6girl

Hit and Miss with my insurance company.. Cigna... Sometimes they are surprising and cover things that I didn't think they would cover.. Then the next thing you know they raise the co-pay for namebrand / nonpreferred presctiptions to 50 bucks. And as you all know, just about all our stuff that we take falls into that category.

jamie6girl

Hit and Miss with my insurance company.. Cigna... Sometimes they are surprising and cover things that I didn't think they would cover.. Then the next thing you know they raise the co-pay for namebrand / nonpreferred presctiptions to 50 bucks. And as you all know, just about all our stuff that we take falls into that category.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl