What is the next step?

LouLou

I believe Ambry and Quest can do a multi-level test where they start with a simpler test and head up to the more extensive test only if they don't find something in the cheaper method first. The very last step in this multi-level approach is deletion testing which is something most of us have not had done because 2 cf genes were found first. Sounds like a good idea. I hope you don't have it but if you do...you'll be like me with cf and a son with cf. I'm here for you if you need support. As momma you've got to stay healthy so better go get tested. Having the appropriate care could put years on your life!

LouLou

I believe Ambry and Quest can do a multi-level test where they start with a simpler test and head up to the more extensive test only if they don't find something in the cheaper method first. The very last step in this multi-level approach is deletion testing which is something most of us have not had done because 2 cf genes were found first. Sounds like a good idea. I hope you don't have it but if you do...you'll be like me with cf and a son with cf. I'm here for you if you need support. As momma you've got to stay healthy so better go get tested. Having the appropriate care could put years on your life!

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

debs2girls

Jen, I just now found this thread. You just posted my story with the exception of weight issues. Until 6 years ago, I weighed 89 pounds, on a good day. I still have all the same issues you have mentioned. Doc said sounds like CF is a posibility but since Chey is adopted they see know reason to do testing...highly unlikely, he said.

Good luck to you..keep me posted.

debs2girls

Jen, I just now found this thread. You just posted my story with the exception of weight issues. Until 6 years ago, I weighed 89 pounds, on a good day. I still have all the same issues you have mentioned. Doc said sounds like CF is a posibility but since Chey is adopted they see know reason to do testing...highly unlikely, he said.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />Good luck to you..keep me posted.

sullihs

I know Ambry has the 508 First Test that just tests for that mutation then they will follow with the Amplified if needed. We were just doing carrier testing to try to figure out which side of my family and my husband's needed to worry about being a carrier so we did the 508 First with a STOP since we didn't want further testing. It is a realitively inexpensive test...maybe around $150 and you get the results in a few days...I don't know your child's mutation, but this would be a good place to start for you if he has this mutation. Of course the Amplified is a different story...$$$$

sullihs

I know Ambry has the 508 First Test that just tests for that mutation then they will follow with the Amplified if needed. We were just doing carrier testing to try to figure out which side of my family and my husband's needed to worry about being a carrier so we did the 508 First with a STOP since we didn't want further testing. It is a realitively inexpensive test...maybe around $150 and you get the results in a few days...I don't know your child's mutation, but this would be a good place to start for you if he has this mutation. Of course the Amplified is a different story...$$$$

sullihs

sullihs

sullihs