What level of genetic testing have your parents had?

Marjolein

My parents were never tested, at least I don't think so..

My aunt got tested just last year because she wanted to see if she was a carrier, as she knew of course that my dad is too. She found out she is and so they have tested her sons (the ones older then 18) too. I thought that is a good thing, as far as i know she didn't have to struggle to get it done. I don't know for how many tested.. As i had told her my mutation and since that is df508 i suspect they might have only searched for the first few.. As they would know that they would find it that way.

Is it standard in the US to test parents?

Marjolein

My aunt got tested just last year because she wanted to see if she was a carrier, as she knew of course that my dad is too. She found out she is and so they have tested her sons (the ones older then 18) too. I thought that is a good thing, as far as i know she didn't have to struggle to get it done. I don't know for how many tested.. As i had told her my mutation and since that is df508 i suspect they might have only searched for the first few.. As they would know that they would find it that way.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

wanderlost

My parents have not been tested, but I totally think my dad has CF - or he is the world's most sympotamtic carrier: frequent sinus and bowel issues (he says asthma and IBS - I say, maybe CF). But I doubt he would get tested and I KNOW his insurance won't pay for it.

wanderlost

My parents have not been tested, but I totally think my dad has CF - or he is the world's most sympotamtic carrier: frequent sinus and bowel issues (he says asthma and IBS - I say, maybe CF). But I doubt he would get tested and I KNOW his insurance won't pay for it.

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

NoExcuses

I can't figure out how people let doctors dictate whether or not tests are done or what level of tests are done.

I would stop at NOTHING to get a full panel done if i felt it to be necessary. I would scour the entire US until I found a doctor.

Besides, why the heck do they care anyway? all they have to do is sign the order..... it's not like they're paying for it.

I guess this attitude is consistent with me visiting the physician in the US who has patients with the longest life expectancy. Barriers are meant to be jumped over, ran through, or carpet bombed......

Don't give up.....

NoExcuses

I can't figure out how people let doctors dictate whether or not tests are done or what level of tests are done.

I would stop at NOTHING to get a full panel done if i felt it to be necessary. I would scour the entire US until I found a doctor.

Besides, why the heck do they care anyway? all they have to do is sign the order..... it's not like they're paying for it.

I guess this attitude is consistent with me visiting the physician in the US who has patients with the longest life expectancy. Barriers are meant to be jumped over, ran through, or carpet bombed......

Don't give up.....

NoExcuses

Don't give up.....

NoExcuses

Don't give up.....

NoExcuses

Don't give up.....

JazzysMom

ZIP on my parents testing....Dad died before the gene was found & Mom is too old to care.

As to my siblings & their children.....couldnt tell ya

JazzysMom

ZIP on my parents testing....Dad died before the gene was found & Mom is too old to care.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom