What preventative measures do you take.

lexisangels05

I have always gone far an beyond what is called to keep Lexi healthy. I truely believe that prevention is the key and am at times a little OCD with things.

I was really just wanting some feedback from you all of what measures you take to keep your child healthy. I am looking for things like: air purifiers, allergen bags for pillows and mattresses, air vent covers, boiling nebs, cleaning your home, not using fragranced products, ect.

lexisangels05

I have always gone far an beyond what is called to keep Lexi healthy. I truely believe that prevention is the key and am at times a little OCD with things.

I was really just wanting some feedback from you all of what measures you take to keep your child healthy. I am looking for things like: air purifiers, allergen bags for pillows and mattresses, air vent covers, boiling nebs, cleaning your home, not using fragranced products, ect.

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

<br />
<br />I was really just wanting some feedback from you all of what measures you take to keep your child healthy. I am looking for things like: air purifiers, allergen bags for pillows and mattresses, air vent covers, boiling nebs, cleaning your home, not using fragranced products, ect.

shea14

We do the air purifier in his room and allergen protectors on his pillow and bedding. I do not worry about most fragrances because they don't bother him. He is king of Axe spray (he thinks he smells like a man). It is a happy medium. Keeping him away from sick people and smoke are important to me, as well as we don't use harsh chemicals like amonia, Lysol spray, or bleach. We use more natural cleaners that wont bother him (or the rest of us) very much. The non useage of the chemicals is the most important one to me.

Honestly, my son's BIG issue, and really the only problem he has had, has been MRSA and he picked that up at the hospital. A trip to the hospital has ended up in three years later a place on the transplant list (he was mild before this). That is where I would take the most protection is in the hospital. A friend of ours also contracted MRSA while dealing with some GI stuff in the hospital. My daughter also got Rhoto Virus (spelling?) from visiting her brother at the hospital, and I know that is where she got it from because it was the only place we had been going.

At home you have to find a happy medium between protecting them and allowing them to have a life. Good luck.

shea14

We do the air purifier in his room and allergen protectors on his pillow and bedding. I do not worry about most fragrances because they don't bother him. He is king of Axe spray (he thinks he smells like a man). It is a happy medium. Keeping him away from sick people and smoke are important to me, as well as we don't use harsh chemicals like amonia, Lysol spray, or bleach. We use more natural cleaners that wont bother him (or the rest of us) very much. The non useage of the chemicals is the most important one to me.

Honestly, my son's BIG issue, and really the only problem he has had, has been MRSA and he picked that up at the hospital. A trip to the hospital has ended up in three years later a place on the transplant list (he was mild before this). That is where I would take the most protection is in the hospital. A friend of ours also contracted MRSA while dealing with some GI stuff in the hospital. My daughter also got Rhoto Virus (spelling?) from visiting her brother at the hospital, and I know that is where she got it from because it was the only place we had been going.

At home you have to find a happy medium between protecting them and allowing them to have a life. Good luck.

shea14

shea14

shea14

<br />
<br />Honestly, my son's BIG issue, and really the only problem he has had, has been MRSA and he picked that up at the hospital. A trip to the hospital has ended up in three years later a place on the transplant list (he was mild before this). That is where I would take the most protection is in the hospital. A friend of ours also contracted MRSA while dealing with some GI stuff in the hospital. My daughter also got Rhoto Virus (spelling?) from visiting her brother at the hospital, and I know that is where she got it from because it was the only place we had been going.
<br />
<br />At home you have to find a happy medium between protecting them and allowing them to have a life. Good luck.

lexisangels05

Shea14,
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your little A.J. How is he doing? My Lexi is 6, so they are not too far apart. When did you guys get on the transplant list? Lexi has ORSA, which is I guess is about the same. How has A.J.'s caused so much damage. Oh that scares me!!!

lexisangels05

Shea14,
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your little A.J. How is he doing? My Lexi is 6, so they are not too far apart. When did you guys get on the transplant list? Lexi has ORSA, which is I guess is about the same. How has A.J.'s caused so much damage. Oh that scares me!!!

lexisangels05

Shea14,

lexisangels05

Shea14,

lexisangels05

Shea14,
<br />Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your little A.J. How is he doing? My Lexi is 6, so they are not too far apart. When did you guys get on the transplant list? Lexi has ORSA, which is I guess is about the same. How has A.J.'s caused so much damage. Oh that scares me!!!
<br />
<br />

crickit715

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>shea14</b></i>

***One of the major things both clinics we have been to have stressed is staying away of spray chemicals.....perfumes, deodorants, colognes, any kind of aerosol spray is full of chemicals...they are very harmful and cause alot of irritation and inflammation that builds up over time! They may not make him cough or gag immediatley but we were warned to stay away from them! It doesnt make sense to use natural cleaners in the home and then let a child spray chemicals on their body???? Just something to think about......

crickit715

***One of the major things both clinics we have been to have stressed is staying away of spray chemicals.....perfumes, deodorants, colognes, any kind of aerosol spray is full of chemicals...they are very harmful and cause alot of irritation and inflammation that builds up over time! They may not make him cough or gag immediatley but we were warned to stay away from them! It doesnt make sense to use natural cleaners in the home and then let a child spray chemicals on their body???? Just something to think about......

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

<br />
<br />We do the air purifier in his room and allergen protectors on his pillow and bedding. I do not worry about most fragrances because they don't bother him. He is king of Axe spray (he thinks he smells like a man). It is a happy medium. Keeping him away from sick people and smoke are important to me, as well as we don't use harsh chemicals like amonia, Lysol spray, or bleach. We use more natural cleaners that wont bother him (or the rest of us) very much. The non useage of the chemicals is the most important one to me.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />***One of the major things both clinics we have been to have stressed is staying away of spray chemicals.....perfumes, deodorants, colognes, any kind of aerosol spray is full of chemicals...they are very harmful and cause alot of irritation and inflammation that builds up over time! They may not make him cough or gag immediatley but we were warned to stay away from them! It doesnt make sense to use natural cleaners in the home and then let a child spray chemicals on their body???? Just something to think about......
<br />