What to do with my life

rml4589

I'm very new on the forum so none of you know me but i'm going to ask anyway.

stuff you should know about me:
have been diagnosed with CF for my entire life.
dx at 3 months old

ever since i was little, i've wanted to be a doctor so i could help people. but, having CF, is it REALLY worth all the time spent in school?

i would graduate undergrad school at roughly 23 years old.
go through med school i'll be 27-28. go through internships and residencies i'll be into my mid 30's.

that could potentially already be pushing it in age. plus i'd be around sick people every day which would not make my life any easier. add in the long hours and sleepless nights it's like i'm asking for trouble.

right now i'm biology major in college and transferring to mass college of pharmacy (if i get in) because i work at a pharmacy and love my job right now. more years of school and i'm done.

what would you do?

rml4589

dx at 3 months old

ever since i was little, i've wanted to be a doctor so i could help people. but, having CF, is it REALLY worth all the time spent in school?

go through med school i'll be 27-28. go through internships and residencies i'll be into my mid 30's.

that could potentially already be pushing it in age. plus i'd be around sick people every day which would not make my life any easier. add in the long hours and sleepless nights it's like i'm asking for trouble.

right now i'm biology major in college and transferring to mass college of pharmacy (if i get in) because i work at a pharmacy and love my job right now. more years of school and i'm done.

what would you do?

rml4589

dx at 3 months old

what would you do?

rml4589

dx at 3 months old

what would you do?

rml4589

<br />
<br />stuff you should know about me:
<br />have been diagnosed with CF for my entire life.
<br /> dx at 3 months old
<br />
<br />
<br />ever since i was little, i've wanted to be a doctor so i could help people. but, having CF, is it REALLY worth all the time spent in school?
<br />
<br />i would graduate undergrad school at roughly 23 years old.
<br />go through med school i'll be 27-28. go through internships and residencies i'll be into my mid 30's.
<br />
<br />that could potentially already be pushing it in age. plus i'd be around sick people every day which would not make my life any easier. add in the long hours and sleepless nights it's like i'm asking for trouble.
<br />
<br />right now i'm biology major in college and transferring to mass college of pharmacy (if i get in) because i work at a pharmacy and love my job right now. more years of school and i'm done.
<br />
<br />what would you do?

B

bethylove

stick with what you enjoy. for the last few years of high school i tore myself up about what i wanted to do. I thought i needed to get a job to make good money, but now i transferred to an online school to become an elementary school teacher because that's waht i love to do. I love to teach little children. I mean runny-nosed, sick, sticky little kids. That's asking for trouble. But as long as you love it, and take good care of yourself you should be all set.

Because why live life if you're not doing something you enjoy?

B

bethylove

stick with what you enjoy. for the last few years of high school i tore myself up about what i wanted to do. I thought i needed to get a job to make good money, but now i transferred to an online school to become an elementary school teacher because that's waht i love to do. I love to teach little children. I mean runny-nosed, sick, sticky little kids. That's asking for trouble. But as long as you love it, and take good care of yourself you should be all set.

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />Because why live life if you're not doing something you enjoy?

Sheridan

There are a couple of doctors with CF at the hospital where i had my youngest son.

So they are out there. If you love it, do it, it will give you something to get out of bed for everyday!

Sheridan

There are a couple of doctors with CF at the hospital where i had my youngest son.

So they are out there. If you love it, do it, it will give you something to get out of bed for everyday!

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />So they are out there. If you love it, do it, it will give you something to get out of bed for everyday!