What to do???

marisalynn

I agree with Ratatosk. Sometimes it is difficult to get a primary care physician to realize our susceptibility to infection. Anymore, I just email my CF doctor, because the office is about 3 hours away, and tell him my symptoms, and he will fax my pharmacy a script for some antibiotics. He doesn't even necessarily need a sputum culture because he knows that it will become infectious eventually if we don't treat it as if it is. Sorry I got a little off topic, but I would keep calling and reiterating to them that it is progressively getting worse and you are very concerned about it.
Another thing I was wondering about is if your daughter is taking anything to thin out her mucus. I don't know how early they usually start Pulmozyme, but if she isn't on that, maybe Mucinex or something? I would ask the doc about it. Good luck!
Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

I agree with Ratatosk. Sometimes it is difficult to get a primary care physician to realize our susceptibility to infection. Anymore, I just email my CF doctor, because the office is about 3 hours away, and tell him my symptoms, and he will fax my pharmacy a script for some antibiotics. He doesn't even necessarily need a sputum culture because he knows that it will become infectious eventually if we don't treat it as if it is. Sorry I got a little off topic, but I would keep calling and reiterating to them that it is progressively getting worse and you are very concerned about it.
Another thing I was wondering about is if your daughter is taking anything to thin out her mucus. I don't know how early they usually start Pulmozyme, but if she isn't on that, maybe Mucinex or something? I would ask the doc about it. Good luck!
Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

<br />Another thing I was wondering about is if your daughter is taking anything to thin out her mucus. I don't know how early they usually start Pulmozyme, but if she isn't on that, maybe Mucinex or something? I would ask the doc about it. Good luck!
<br />Marisa RN, 22w/CF

ashmomo

Yes, I would call the doc back..is she on nebs already? If not, they may try some Albuterol before antibiotics. I am sure they will want a culture though to make sure she is not growing anything.

ashmomo

Yes, I would call the doc back..is she on nebs already? If not, they may try some Albuterol before antibiotics. I am sure they will want a culture though to make sure she is not growing anything.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

Dmeneses

Thanks. I called first thing this morning and I'm gonna take her in tommorow. And yes she is on abuterol and flovent but I will def check on the mucus thinner thanks for that!! I'm glad to have found this forum..

Dmeneses

Thanks. I called first thing this morning and I'm gonna take her in tommorow. And yes she is on abuterol and flovent but I will def check on the mucus thinner thanks for that!! I'm glad to have found this forum..

Dmeneses

Dmeneses

Dmeneses