What to do???

Dmeneses

Hi All,

I have a 17 month old daughter with CF diagnosed at 3 months. We just wet away and since we've been back she's had a bit of a cold. I wasn't to worried at first cuz she was in good spirits, no runny nose and no real fever . However two nights ago she coughed the whole night through which ofcourse made me nervous. I called her center and they have yet to return my call. Again my worries simmered a bit cuz she seemed better yesterday and slept through the night. Then today shes been coughing pretty nasty. Sounds like she's choking. I feel so helpless she sounds like she's choking on all that flem but can't get it out. I've already increased her chest therapy which I'm sure the doctor would tell me to.. I feel like the only way shell get it out is throwing it up and obviously I'm not gonna make her vomit. She's still a baby and can't spit it out when it does come up. She has her annual in one week have a feeling they will tell me to what til then to bring her in, I just hate hearing her cough like this.. Any thoughts or advice for a new parent to not only my daughter her CF as well.....

Dmeneses

Hi All,

I have a 17 month old daughter with CF diagnosed at 3 months. We just wet away and since we've been back she's had a bit of a cold. I wasn't to worried at first cuz she was in good spirits, no runny nose and no real fever . However two nights ago she coughed the whole night through which ofcourse made me nervous. I called her center and they have yet to return my call. Again my worries simmered a bit cuz she seemed better yesterday and slept through the night. Then today shes been coughing pretty nasty. Sounds like she's choking. I feel so helpless she sounds like she's choking on all that flem but can't get it out. I've already increased her chest therapy which I'm sure the doctor would tell me to.. I feel like the only way shell get it out is throwing it up and obviously I'm not gonna make her vomit. She's still a baby and can't spit it out when it does come up. She has her annual in one week have a feeling they will tell me to what til then to bring her in, I just hate hearing her cough like this.. Any thoughts or advice for a new parent to not only my daughter her CF as well.....

Dmeneses

Hi All,

Dmeneses

Hi All,

Dmeneses

Hi All,
<br />
<br />I have a 17 month old daughter with CF diagnosed at 3 months. We just wet away and since we've been back she's had a bit of a cold. I wasn't to worried at first cuz she was in good spirits, no runny nose and no real fever . However two nights ago she coughed the whole night through which ofcourse made me nervous. I called her center and they have yet to return my call. Again my worries simmered a bit cuz she seemed better yesterday and slept through the night. Then today shes been coughing pretty nasty. Sounds like she's choking. I feel so helpless she sounds like she's choking on all that flem but can't get it out. I've already increased her chest therapy which I'm sure the doctor would tell me to.. I feel like the only way shell get it out is throwing it up and obviously I'm not gonna make her vomit. She's still a baby and can't spit it out when it does come up. She has her annual in one week have a feeling they will tell me to what til then to bring her in, I just hate hearing her cough like this.. Any thoughts or advice for a new parent to not only my daughter her CF as well.....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
IMO call the clinic back indicate that you'd like to either get your daughter seen by someone asap or at least a call back today! DS once had a cough like that when he was 2 months old and he'd cough so hard he'd vomit up his formula. I was forever holding him over sinks, floor drains. We were already doing 4 cpt treatments with nebs per day.

His peds doctor told me it was normal -- that's what cfers do, they cough; however, when we took him to cf clinic a few weeks later, his cf doctor prescribed abx and ran a culture -- DS had bronchitis and cultured enterbactor chochlae. A couple days later he was fine.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
IMO call the clinic back indicate that you'd like to either get your daughter seen by someone asap or at least a call back today! DS once had a cough like that when he was 2 months old and he'd cough so hard he'd vomit up his formula. I was forever holding him over sinks, floor drains. We were already doing 4 cpt treatments with nebs per day.

His peds doctor told me it was normal -- that's what cfers do, they cough; however, when we took him to cf clinic a few weeks later, his cf doctor prescribed abx and ran a culture -- DS had bronchitis and cultured enterbactor chochlae. A couple days later he was fine.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />His peds doctor told me it was normal -- that's what cfers do, they cough; however, when we took him to cf clinic a few weeks later, his cf doctor prescribed abx and ran a culture -- DS had bronchitis and cultured enterbactor chochlae. A couple days later he was fine.

M

Mommafirst

I would keep calling the center until they return your call. Our center has a 5 day rule. Any cough that lasts more than 5 days goes on antibitoics. Sometimes they want to know at 5 days but try and wait a few more days before trying orals, depending on the cough.

If you are worried, that is a sign that it should be treated .

M

Mommafirst

I would keep calling the center until they return your call. Our center has a 5 day rule. Any cough that lasts more than 5 days goes on antibitoics. Sometimes they want to know at 5 days but try and wait a few more days before trying orals, depending on the cough.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />If you are worried, that is a sign that it should be treated .

K

kaylee04cassidy08

Like everyone else has said. Call the center back. Don't be afraid to be a pain in the neck for your child's sake.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

Like everyone else has said. Call the center back. Don't be afraid to be a pain in the neck for your child's sake.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08