What would you do?

Fancymushroom

I have had 1 week off antibiotics, started with Ivs then had 4 weeks of orals for MRSA. Then I got a cold and am coughing alot. Coughed alot in the night and woke up very tight chested. Have been doing 4 x ventolin nebs for past 2 days to keep the wheezing at bay, but it is still creeping back alot in between. However, the stuff is coming up fairly easily (i.e. once i've coughed it into the larger airways it's not much more to get it out) and is also fairly liquid from extra nebbing I guess. It's just pale yellow. This makes me think that it's just viral (no temp) but generally when I cough this much I never clear it myself and end up on abx.
I'm due at clinic on Friday, so wonder if I should hold off till then if it doesn't get too bad. What would you do? Would you call your team? Thanks in advance x

Fancymushroom

I have had 1 week off antibiotics, started with Ivs then had 4 weeks of orals for MRSA. Then I got a cold and am coughing alot. Coughed alot in the night and woke up very tight chested. Have been doing 4 x ventolin nebs for past 2 days to keep the wheezing at bay, but it is still creeping back alot in between. However, the stuff is coming up fairly easily (i.e. once i've coughed it into the larger airways it's not much more to get it out) and is also fairly liquid from extra nebbing I guess. It's just pale yellow. This makes me think that it's just viral (no temp) but generally when I cough this much I never clear it myself and end up on abx.
I'm due at clinic on Friday, so wonder if I should hold off till then if it doesn't get too bad. What would you do? Would you call your team? Thanks in advance x

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

<br />I'm due at clinic on Friday, so wonder if I should hold off till then if it doesn't get too bad. What would you do? Would you call your team? Thanks in advance x

A

Aspiemom

Considering that it's yellow, you've just recently finished abx and you have a clinic visit coming up, I would wait until the clinic visit. Maybe others won't agree, but that's what I would do.

Hope you feel better soon!

A

Aspiemom

Considering that it's yellow, you've just recently finished abx and you have a clinic visit coming up, I would wait until the clinic visit. Maybe others won't agree, but that's what I would do.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />Hope you feel better soon!

Fancymushroom

LOL, thanks for the replies. That's what I thought too. But my Mum and Dad are worrying because they hate it when I cough alot and I've been in about 5 times since January. We are quite new to CF too. It's good to know that I'm probably doing the right thing. I wouldn't get better with abx right now anyway since I'm 100% sure it's viral. You know when other people just worry because of the characteristic cough?! Sounds bad, but isn't!

Fancymushroom

LOL, thanks for the replies. That's what I thought too. But my Mum and Dad are worrying because they hate it when I cough alot and I've been in about 5 times since January. We are quite new to CF too. It's good to know that I'm probably doing the right thing. I wouldn't get better with abx right now anyway since I'm 100% sure it's viral. You know when other people just worry because of the characteristic cough?! Sounds bad, but isn't!

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom