What would you do??

babyjaden2004

Jaden has clinic tomorrow and we have a wind chill warning and all our schools are closed as the temps are to be in the -20s tomorrow. I am going to call to see if a can reschedule but I don't want it to be to long. She is good and haven't had any issues but I don't want to wait to long between visits. We got to the clinic every two months. I hate this time of the year, but I hate to even take her out in this cold. What would you do???

babyjaden2004

Jaden has clinic tomorrow and we have a wind chill warning and all our schools are closed as the temps are to be in the -20s tomorrow. I am going to call to see if a can reschedule but I don't want it to be to long. She is good and haven't had any issues but I don't want to wait to long between visits. We got to the clinic every two months. I hate this time of the year, but I hate to even take her out in this cold. What would you do???

babyjaden2004

Allie

I'd go out and preheat the car, bundle her up and make sure a scarf was covering her face, and go for it.

Allie

I'd go out and preheat the car, bundle her up and make sure a scarf was covering her face, and go for it.

Allie

babyjaden2004

Well I fiqured I'd start to car and let it run awhile, I guess I'll throw a blanket over her cause she won't let you put anything over her face. I should have brought her seat in so it was warm too. This is just so crazy cold. Dh is leaving for work as I type and he will driving tomorrow. I guess if it were several feet of snow it would be different. I just don't want to do anything to harm her I guess.

babyjaden2004

Well I fiqured I'd start to car and let it run awhile, I guess I'll throw a blanket over her cause she won't let you put anything over her face. I should have brought her seat in so it was warm too. This is just so crazy cold. Dh is leaving for work as I type and he will driving tomorrow. I guess if it were several feet of snow it would be different. I just don't want to do anything to harm her I guess.

babyjaden2004

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
So the temps here are -20 f, not counting wind chill and Max wants to go outside and play. It's been subzero temps for the past week and he had swimming lessons on Thursday night, gymnastics on Saturday, preschool during the week and last night a superbowl party. Heck it's winter, what can you do...

We warm up the car for 5-10 minutes before going out. He wears a winter coat, fleece mittens (refuses to wear the warm ones I bought him), fur bomber hat and I convinced him it was cool to wear my fleece scarf. He DAWDLES and plays in the snow on the way out to the car.

Figure that cold fresh air is great for him. It's so clean.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
So the temps here are -20 f, not counting wind chill and Max wants to go outside and play. It's been subzero temps for the past week and he had swimming lessons on Thursday night, gymnastics on Saturday, preschool during the week and last night a superbowl party. Heck it's winter, what can you do...

We warm up the car for 5-10 minutes before going out. He wears a winter coat, fleece mittens (refuses to wear the warm ones I bought him), fur bomber hat and I convinced him it was cool to wear my fleece scarf. He DAWDLES and plays in the snow on the way out to the car.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

M

Mommafirst

I don't think its a problem as long as you keep her warm. Germs make you sick, not cold -- although I know your worry, I was thinking we shouldn't go anywhere today either. They cancelled school for the cold here as well -- I think its weird. I hope your clinic goes well.

M

Mommafirst

I don't think its a problem as long as you keep her warm. Germs make you sick, not cold -- although I know your worry, I was thinking we shouldn't go anywhere today either. They cancelled school for the cold here as well -- I think its weird. I hope your clinic goes well.

M

Mommafirst

JazzysMom

If I dictated every move based on the weather I would do NOTHING lol! As long as she is warm & that something is "filtering" the cold when she breaths (a blanket, scarf etc) and you arent walking a marathon, she will be fine. Breathing the frigid cold might cause bronchospasm.

JazzysMom

If I dictated every move based on the weather I would do NOTHING lol! As long as she is warm & that something is "filtering" the cold when she breaths (a blanket, scarf etc) and you arent walking a marathon, she will be fine. Breathing the frigid cold might cause bronchospasm.