what's going on here?

catboogie

i'm not sure if going to the ER is your best bet. call your doctor and insist that you need to be seen before october. if they cannot get you in, maybe they can refer you to another pulmonary doctor that can help you.

good luck & hope you feel better

catboogie

i'm not sure if going to the ER is your best bet. call your doctor and insist that you need to be seen before october. if they cannot get you in, maybe they can refer you to another pulmonary doctor that can help you.

catboogie

catboogie

catboogie

Wheezie

Yeah, I agree with Laura...you should just try to be really assertive with your clinic and insist that you need to be seen NOW. Honestly, I've rarely heard of a CF clinic that would make you wait almost a month when your symptoms are that severe. I mean, it's not like you have a splinter!! If being assertive doesn't work, be aggressive.

Also, I'm not sure exactly who you've talked to when you tried to get an appointment. If you haven't yet, try to talk to the nurse coordinator for the CF center/clinic. Usually they can pull strings and fit you in when the regular appointment scheduling people have no idea how crucial it is. When I'm sick, I call my nurse directly and she always says, come in - we'll fit you in. No questions asked.

If that doesn't work, try to speak to the social worker. If that doesn't work, try to speak to the doctor directly or even call the hospital and ask for the pulmonary doctor on-call. Then tell them you know your body and you are NOT well and need to be seen immediately. Good Luck!!

Wheezie

Yeah, I agree with Laura...you should just try to be really assertive with your clinic and insist that you need to be seen NOW. Honestly, I've rarely heard of a CF clinic that would make you wait almost a month when your symptoms are that severe. I mean, it's not like you have a splinter!! If being assertive doesn't work, be aggressive.

Also, I'm not sure exactly who you've talked to when you tried to get an appointment. If you haven't yet, try to talk to the nurse coordinator for the CF center/clinic. Usually they can pull strings and fit you in when the regular appointment scheduling people have no idea how crucial it is. When I'm sick, I call my nurse directly and she always says, come in - we'll fit you in. No questions asked.

If that doesn't work, try to speak to the social worker. If that doesn't work, try to speak to the doctor directly or even call the hospital and ask for the pulmonary doctor on-call. Then tell them you know your body and you are NOT well and need to be seen immediately. Good Luck!!

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

kybert

yep, ER. thats pretty bad. i cant believe the clinic is making you wait. ive never heard of clinics making sick patients wait. kick up the a hole for them! if they refuse to change their 'protocol' on sick patients who need be seen asap, you are going to have to make some noise!

kybert

yep, ER. thats pretty bad. i cant believe the clinic is making you wait. ive never heard of clinics making sick patients wait. kick up the a hole for them! if they refuse to change their 'protocol' on sick patients who need be seen asap, you are going to have to make some noise!

kybert

kybert

kybert

jennastroitzel

In my experience ERs know nothing about CF. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I usually have more luck trying via the nurses. I can't believe they think this can wait until October - seriosuly, are they mad? I really hope this gets sorted out NOW because I am worried by the things you just wrote. Take care and let us know how you get on. Hugs. Jx

jennastroitzel

In my experience ERs know nothing about CF. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I usually have more luck trying via the nurses. I can't believe they think this can wait until October - seriosuly, are they mad? I really hope this gets sorted out NOW because I am worried by the things you just wrote. Take care and let us know how you get on. Hugs. Jx

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel