What's the cost of your house cleaner(s)?

65rosessamurai

Through both marriages, I've done most of all the 'dirty jobs' of cleaning, myself. Sometimes, I've regretted to put a mask on, because I was coughing a bit and my allergies kicked up, but using a mask while cleaning will cut down a lot of stuff you breathe in.
With enough ventillation, some of the harsh chemicals, like ammonia, won't be so bad, but even healthy people inhaling ammonia will get pretty sick!

As for what is used for cleaning, I think it would be wise to know what was used, or have them use what you supply them with. I would think if they are professional cleaners, they would know what things to use to clean up what. For example, if you had tape, or some stickers on a wall, or desk drawer, they wouldn't use cleaning solutions to take it off, they would know that using a blow-drier to pull the sticker off would be more convenient.

I'd rather find a way to motivate the wife, and MIL to do thier own cleaning, rather than hire a cleaning person. Though, I'd rather just rent a great big 'ole dump truck to back up to the front door and haul all the unnecessary junk still there!!

CowTown

Great topic. I'm actually having the first person come in our house tomorrow morning to clean! I usually do all the cleaning and I'm done with it. That's not true, I vacume, and clean in general but really want someone else to routinely clean the kitchen and bathroom, scrub, mop, etc - thoroughly. So I'm excited about these new beginnings!

I don't know what she charges yet though. Tomorrow morning she'll check the place out and determine the price. I was just thinking of having her come by 1x month.

CowTown

Great topic. I'm actually having the first person come in our house tomorrow morning to clean! I usually do all the cleaning and I'm done with it. That's not true, I vacume, and clean in general but really want someone else to routinely clean the kitchen and bathroom, scrub, mop, etc - thoroughly. So I'm excited about these new beginnings!

I don't know what she charges yet though. Tomorrow morning she'll check the place out and determine the price. I was just thinking of having her come by 1x month.

CowTown

W

Wendy

It is important to me to use natural cleaning products that are better for the environment and less harsh on my family, too. I buy my own products and have a cleaning lady come every two weeks. She charges $70 and usually takes 2-4 hours (sometimes she brings a helper - same price). You can probably find someone who will do a good job for less money. Get recommendations from friends or family. The lady who does my house has been doing a friend's house for 10 years. Good luck.

W

Wendy

It is important to me to use natural cleaning products that are better for the environment and less harsh on my family, too. I buy my own products and have a cleaning lady come every two weeks. She charges $70 and usually takes 2-4 hours (sometimes she brings a helper - same price). You can probably find someone who will do a good job for less money. Get recommendations from friends or family. The lady who does my house has been doing a friend's house for 10 years. Good luck.

W

Wendy

robert321

i agree with allie, find a high school student from church or a co workers kid that you trust and buy whatever you want the place cleaned with and buy the supplies and you could probably get the job done for about 50-100 a month depending on the size of the job, i'm in highschool and mow lawns and do gardening for people this way, i'll do other odd jobs like plumbing and house and automotive repair too, its good money for highschool jobs that aren't regular, i have several people that pay me anywhere from 20 to 150 for mowing their lawn ( the 150 person is loaded and has a big lawn full of stikers and rocks and the $20 person is retired and has a small lawn and she is living off retirement, honestly for her i would do it for free but she insists on paying, it all depends on the cercumstances) maybe this will help maybe it won't but it's my 2 cents worth

robert321

i agree with allie, find a high school student from church or a co workers kid that you trust and buy whatever you want the place cleaned with and buy the supplies and you could probably get the job done for about 50-100 a month depending on the size of the job, i'm in highschool and mow lawns and do gardening for people this way, i'll do other odd jobs like plumbing and house and automotive repair too, its good money for highschool jobs that aren't regular, i have several people that pay me anywhere from 20 to 150 for mowing their lawn ( the 150 person is loaded and has a big lawn full of stikers and rocks and the $20 person is retired and has a small lawn and she is living off retirement, honestly for her i would do it for free but she insists on paying, it all depends on the cercumstances) maybe this will help maybe it won't but it's my 2 cents worth

robert321

EnergyGal

Seventh Generation products make a great line of natural cleaning products. I only would allow these products to be used in my home. They sell them in most grocery store chains.

EnergyGal

Seventh Generation products make a great line of natural cleaning products. I only would allow these products to be used in my home. They sell them in most grocery store chains.

EnergyGal

2perfectboys

I want a house cleaner. I'm not even working now, but I hate dishes and the bathroom. I have thought in the past about hiring someone, but I think now, I am def going to do this. Yes I could do this, but I look at it as a treat to myself. I don't mind cleaning other peoplle's houses, but I have a bad habit of putting off my own, "Oh I can do it tommorrow"...it would be nice to spend te time with my kids and come home to a clean house. Gotta
to find me someone.

2perfectboys

I want a house cleaner. I'm not even working now, but I hate dishes and the bathroom. I have thought in the past about hiring someone, but I think now, I am def going to do this. Yes I could do this, but I look at it as a treat to myself. I don't mind cleaning other peoplle's houses, but I have a bad habit of putting off my own, "Oh I can do it tommorrow"...it would be nice to spend te time with my kids and come home to a clean house. Gotta
to find me someone.

2perfectboys

to find me someone.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My problem is that right now we've got too much clutter and several home improvement projects in the works. I want to get things organized and cleaned, so I can have someone come in and clean the house without having to pick clothes, toys... up off the floor. But first I need to clean closets and laundry/storage room, so I can put things away.

Before Max was born, my goal was to clean out his closet, which has my old Barbies, wrapping paper, DH's army stuff, boxes of photos, mailing supplies, spare quilts and NOW on top of all that extra drugs, bags of nebulizers... Sigh.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My problem is that right now we've got too much clutter and several home improvement projects in the works. I want to get things organized and cleaned, so I can have someone come in and clean the house without having to pick clothes, toys... up off the floor. But first I need to clean closets and laundry/storage room, so I can put things away.

Before Max was born, my goal was to clean out his closet, which has my old Barbies, wrapping paper, DH's army stuff, boxes of photos, mailing supplies, spare quilts and NOW on top of all that extra drugs, bags of nebulizers... Sigh.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member