What's up with this cough? *Starting Pulmicort

hmw

I'll be calling dr. when they open but looking for input now... what's up with this cough?

With her last bronchitis, Prednisone helped a lot and she was bringing up more stuff than we'd ever seen before.

She asked to do her vest (!) and it has her coughing a lot; I hope it gets some stuff loosened up. I'll update when I hear from the dr.

hmw

I'll be calling dr. when they open but looking for input now... what's up with this cough?

With her last bronchitis, Prednisone helped a lot and she was bringing up more stuff than we'd ever seen before.

She asked to do her vest (!) and it has her coughing a lot; I hope it gets some stuff loosened up. I'll update when I hear from the dr.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />She asked to do her vest (!) and it has her coughing a lot; I hope it gets some stuff loosened up. I'll update when I hear from the dr.

hmw

We are adding Pulmicort to her meds to see if that helps. It's the nebulizer version, not the inhaler. I was an idiot and didn't check to be sure that I am supposed to do this AFTER her Albuterol, but I checked the threads there people list their meds and almost everyone listed inhaled steroids after their bronchodilators. Naturally, the clinic is closed now. I will do that for tonight and call the clinic to be sure in the morning, I think.

Any side effects I should be looking for w/ this med? Emily really saw benefit w/ Prednisone when she was on it but she was so agitated and bratty on it. I hope this med doesn't do that to her but hope it HELPS if inflammation is an issue here.

hmw

We are adding Pulmicort to her meds to see if that helps. It's the nebulizer version, not the inhaler. I was an idiot and didn't check to be sure that I am supposed to do this AFTER her Albuterol, but I checked the threads there people list their meds and almost everyone listed inhaled steroids after their bronchodilators. Naturally, the clinic is closed now. I will do that for tonight and call the clinic to be sure in the morning, I think.

Any side effects I should be looking for w/ this med? Emily really saw benefit w/ Prednisone when she was on it but she was so agitated and bratty on it. I hope this med doesn't do that to her but hope it HELPS if inflammation is an issue here.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />Any side effects I should be looking for w/ this med? Emily really saw benefit w/ Prednisone when she was on it but she was so agitated and bratty on it. I hope this med doesn't do that to her but hope it HELPS if inflammation is an issue here.
<br />

JazzysMom

Yes the Pulmicort is done AFTER albeuterol!

You should be sure to rinse after using it. Like any steroid inhaled med....it can cause oral thrush!

JazzysMom

You should be sure to rinse after using it. Like any steroid inhaled med....it can cause oral thrush!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />You should be sure to rinse after using it. Like any steroid inhaled med....it can cause oral thrush!

M

Mommafirst

I take symbicort for my asthma -- also an inhaled steroid. Its very localized, so it doesn't impact my moods in the way oral steroids do (and OH I so know exactly what you mean, my oldest is on orapred now -- ugh). I get a great deal of help from mine, I hope it helps Emily.

M

Mommafirst

I take symbicort for my asthma -- also an inhaled steroid. Its very localized, so it doesn't impact my moods in the way oral steroids do (and OH I so know exactly what you mean, my oldest is on orapred now -- ugh). I get a great deal of help from mine, I hope it helps Emily.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst