when did you guys get the results

heatherrose415

from the ambry test???

Ambry recieved my sons blood on the 12th. Its the 2nd of May now and still nothing. Do you think that means its a good possibility he has no genes??

Im curious as to how long it was before you got the results that they had a gene or not..

THANKS!

heatherrose415

from the ambry test???

Ambry recieved my sons blood on the 12th. Its the 2nd of May now and still nothing. Do you think that means its a good possibility he has no genes??

Im curious as to how long it was before you got the results that they had a gene or not..

THANKS!

heatherrose415

from the ambry test???

THANKS!

M

Mommafirst

Oh gosh, Heather, I'm so sorry to hear you are still in this emotional limbo of the unknown.

My daughter's first mutation was on the basic panel, but the second one took the ambry amplified, and though Ambry said it would be less than 4 weeks, it took over 6 weeks to get results. I was thinking, "whew, this much time went by, there must be no mutation to find". I was wrong.

I hope you get some answers.

M

Mommafirst

Oh gosh, Heather, I'm so sorry to hear you are still in this emotional limbo of the unknown.

My daughter's first mutation was on the basic panel, but the second one took the ambry amplified, and though Ambry said it would be less than 4 weeks, it took over 6 weeks to get results. I was thinking, "whew, this much time went by, there must be no mutation to find". I was wrong.

M

Mommafirst

JazzysMom

IF the full panel is requested there are stages that it goes thru. It could take up to a month depending on how rare a mutation if any is found. IF you want to try & get more info on the status of the test, post a message for Steve from Ambry. He is great.

JazzysMom

IF the full panel is requested there are stages that it goes thru. It could take up to a month depending on how rare a mutation if any is found. IF you want to try & get more info on the status of the test, post a message for Steve from Ambry. He is great.

JazzysMom

clawson5104

hi heather, we're going thru the same thing here.....my son had his test 4/10, his pulmonologist called and said he did not have Df508, but the test was not finished and could still take several weeks. sooooo we are also still waiting. it is sooo frustrating as u know, it's like u think well, maybe he doesn't have it......then the nose starts running, and coughing starts again, and ur not sure, and nobody can give u any answers.........anyways.....hope u get some news soon too.

clawson5104

hi heather, we're going thru the same thing here.....my son had his test 4/10, his pulmonologist called and said he did not have Df508, but the test was not finished and could still take several weeks. sooooo we are also still waiting. it is sooo frustrating as u know, it's like u think well, maybe he doesn't have it......then the nose starts running, and coughing starts again, and ur not sure, and nobody can give u any answers.........anyways.....hope u get some news soon too.

clawson5104

heatherrose415

Thanks guys!! It is frustrating!! Some days I deal with the waiting just fine, other days I feel like im going to go INSANE!!!!! I just want to know!!!

heatherrose415

Thanks guys!! It is frustrating!! Some days I deal with the waiting just fine, other days I feel like im going to go INSANE!!!!! I just want to know!!!

heatherrose415

Edna0312

Heather,

I know how you feel. Ambry received my son's blood on 4/11. I heard on 4/18 that the Df508 was negative, which I expected because he has had the basic screening before. But, still waiting on the final...............

I know it's frustrating.

We'll just have to hang in there together. Let me know when you do get something.

Edna

Edna0312

Heather,

I know how you feel. Ambry received my son's blood on 4/11. I heard on 4/18 that the Df508 was negative, which I expected because he has had the basic screening before. But, still waiting on the final...............

I know it's frustrating.

We'll just have to hang in there together. Let me know when you do get something.

Edna

Edna0312

Heather,

I know it's frustrating.

Edna