When to leave the hospital

mander31880

So, I've been in the hospital now for a week. My lungs are doing really good. I had caught a cold and was able to get in before it really attacked my lungs. My sinuses are still giving me problems and I can't talk. However, I went and did PT where I ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I feel like I shouldn't leave the hospital unless I feel 100%. Then I also think that if I can run that far, why shouldn't I go home? I know how stressing it is going home and having to do IV meds, breathing treatments, work, cooking for myself, etc. I'm just not sure if I feel well enough to get completely back on routhine. My doc says that I know my body best and he will let me go when I'm ready. Any suggestions?

mander31880

So, I've been in the hospital now for a week. My lungs are doing really good. I had caught a cold and was able to get in before it really attacked my lungs. My sinuses are still giving me problems and I can't talk. However, I went and did PT where I ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I feel like I shouldn't leave the hospital unless I feel 100%. Then I also think that if I can run that far, why shouldn't I go home? I know how stressing it is going home and having to do IV meds, breathing treatments, work, cooking for myself, etc. I'm just not sure if I feel well enough to get completely back on routhine. My doc says that I know my body best and he will let me go when I'm ready. Any suggestions?

mander31880

mander31880

mander31880

Cerulean

I feel for you. My last stay in the hospital was for a week, and I felt fine before going in. I was admitted for poor diabetic control. Staying in for a week while my doctors played around with insulin levels was almost unbearable. I kept having to remind myself that, Dr. (usually) knows best.

Cerulean

I feel for you. My last stay in the hospital was for a week, and I felt fine before going in. I was admitted for poor diabetic control. Staying in for a week while my doctors played around with insulin levels was almost unbearable. I kept having to remind myself that, Dr. (usually) knows best.

Cerulean

Cerulean

Cerulean

JazzysMom

I can only tell you my experience. There have been times that I KNEW I was ready to go home, there are times that I was better then when I went in, but not ready to go home.

I think most of us arent 100% until the meds are out of our system. They are toxic as they are helpful.

Follow your instincts, but as my doctor also told me one time.....you cant stay here forever LOL!

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

I can only tell you my experience. There have been times that I KNEW I was ready to go home, there are times that I was better then when I went in, but not ready to go home.

I think most of us arent 100% until the meds are out of our system. They are toxic as they are helpful.

Follow your instincts, but as my doctor also told me one time.....you cant stay here forever LOL!

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I think most of us arent 100% until the meds are out of our system. They are toxic as they are helpful.
<br />
<br />Follow your instincts, but as my doctor also told me one time.....you cant stay here forever LOL!
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

Giggles

I think if you are feeling up to it then go home and get some good sleep and food. But if you have nobody to help you out then maybe it is a good idea to stay in. It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is cause what you want to do and what you should do, does not always match.

Good Luck and feel better!!!

Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I think if you are feeling up to it then go home and get some good sleep and food. But if you have nobody to help you out then maybe it is a good idea to stay in. It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is cause what you want to do and what you should do, does not always match.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Good Luck and feel better!!!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD