who all boils their nebs to sterilize?

ginandbrea

Hi Everyone,

We use 2 nebs in the a.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes straight into 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 1 neb in afternoon for HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 2 nebs p.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water...........then at night I boil them all for 10 minutes, shake all water off and dry in GermGuardian for 30 minutes, ready for the next day !

Gina

ginandbrea

Hi Everyone,

We use 2 nebs in the a.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes straight into 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 1 neb in afternoon for HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 2 nebs p.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water...........then at night I boil them all for 10 minutes, shake all water off and dry in GermGuardian for 30 minutes, ready for the next day !

Gina

ginandbrea

Hi Everyone,

Gina

ginandbrea

Hi Everyone,

Gina

ginandbrea

Hi Everyone,
<br />
<br />We use 2 nebs in the a.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes straight into 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 1 neb in afternoon for HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water, 2 nebs p.m. for Pulm & HS, rinse, goes to 50/50 Vinegar/Water...........then at night I boil them all for 10 minutes, shake all water off and dry in GermGuardian for 30 minutes, ready for the next day !
<br />
<br />Gina

lmattaway

(sigh) I guess I need to change up my habits. After reading those articles I'm realizing my current process is not up to par. But oh how I dread the extra work. And just how much does it really matter? Granted, I don't want to leave my neb for weeks without cleaning, but does boiling after every use make much difference as opposed to every day or so? It's okay, you'd don't really need to answer...I know what I should be doing, I'm just lamenting having to add another thing to the "to do" list!

lmattaway

(sigh) I guess I need to change up my habits. After reading those articles I'm realizing my current process is not up to par. But oh how I dread the extra work. And just how much does it really matter? Granted, I don't want to leave my neb for weeks without cleaning, but does boiling after every use make much difference as opposed to every day or so? It's okay, you'd don't really need to answer...I know what I should be doing, I'm just lamenting having to add another thing to the "to do" list!

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

soderick

Lindsay, I had the same problem. About a year ago, I had the realization that, if I were going to be keeping myself as healthy as possible, I had to change my habits. I was really bad about sterilization and extra work; I preferred to ignore it. When I found out about daily boiling and digging up extra nebs, I hated it. But...you establish a routine, and pretty soon it doesn't matter anymore. It's only an extra 15 minutes a day, and I usually do it at night, when I'd be home and doing homework/relaxing anyway.

I ALWAYS drag my feet when it comes to adding yet another task to the daily regimen, and I totally understand your complaints. I've overlooked what I should be doing for what I want to do plenty of times, and the addition of each new chore--lengthened treatments, boiling nebs, using a feeding tube (which is new, in my case)--is a huge burden. You've always got to find a balance between those two things; spending too much time taking care of yourself is hardly a life, anyway. But a small choice like sterilizing nebs, which is relatively simple and so important to keep from re-infecting and avoiding molds, is an easy enough choice to me.

soderick

Lindsay, I had the same problem. About a year ago, I had the realization that, if I were going to be keeping myself as healthy as possible, I had to change my habits. I was really bad about sterilization and extra work; I preferred to ignore it. When I found out about daily boiling and digging up extra nebs, I hated it. But...you establish a routine, and pretty soon it doesn't matter anymore. It's only an extra 15 minutes a day, and I usually do it at night, when I'd be home and doing homework/relaxing anyway.

I ALWAYS drag my feet when it comes to adding yet another task to the daily regimen, and I totally understand your complaints. I've overlooked what I should be doing for what I want to do plenty of times, and the addition of each new chore--lengthened treatments, boiling nebs, using a feeding tube (which is new, in my case)--is a huge burden. You've always got to find a balance between those two things; spending too much time taking care of yourself is hardly a life, anyway. But a small choice like sterilizing nebs, which is relatively simple and so important to keep from re-infecting and avoiding molds, is an easy enough choice to me.

soderick

soderick

soderick

<br />
<br />I ALWAYS drag my feet when it comes to adding yet another task to the daily regimen, and I totally understand your complaints. I've overlooked what I should be doing for what I want to do plenty of times, and the addition of each new chore--lengthened treatments, boiling nebs, using a feeding tube (which is new, in my case)--is a huge burden. You've always got to find a balance between those two things; spending too much time taking care of yourself is hardly a life, anyway. But a small choice like sterilizing nebs, which is relatively simple and so important to keep from re-infecting and avoiding molds, is an easy enough choice to me.