Who does overnight feeds?

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mariahsmommy</b></i>
<br />
<br />Thanks everyone for responding. Have you ever though about blended whole foods for the feeds?</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I had a brief moment of thought and then I realized:
<br />
<br />a: insurance won't pay for what goes in her tube then, and 700 cals/night of whole foods per night is going to be a good amount.
<br />
<br />b: its a lot of extra work to add to our plate. I already work a full time job, mostly from home, while being a stay-at-home,taxi-cab, mom to three active kids. Adding a nightly blending, feeding and cleaning process to the daily neb cleaning and other feeding tube stuff is not appealing to me.
<br />

mariahsmommy

I know it is alot of work doing the homeade blended diets. I just don't like all of the modified ingredients in those formulas, but they are definitely easier.

mariahsmommy

I know it is alot of work doing the homeade blended diets. I just don't like all of the modified ingredients in those formulas, but they are definitely easier.

mariahsmommy

jbrandonAW

I have a g-tube. I actually use an AMT button. I use nutren 2.0. I do between 2-3 cans a night which is 1000-2000 cals. I have thought about it, but I can't afford my grocery bill as it is. Also I worry about the food sitting for so many hours. (unless you did a bolus feed).

I have an 80/20 philosphy. If 80% of what I eat is good and healthy then the other 20% won't kill me.

jbrandonAW

I have a g-tube. I actually use an AMT button. I use nutren 2.0. I do between 2-3 cans a night which is 1000-2000 cals. I have thought about it, but I can't afford my grocery bill as it is. Also I worry about the food sitting for so many hours. (unless you did a bolus feed).

I have an 80/20 philosphy. If 80% of what I eat is good and healthy then the other 20% won't kill me.

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />I have an 80/20 philosphy. If 80% of what I eat is good and healthy then the other 20% won't kill me.

mbrandazzo

We do overnight feeds and Logan has a Mickey button... We do 1 can of Ensure, and 1 1/2 cans of Pediasure... It comes out to be about 780 calories overnight. He has gained a lot since we started, and we are happy with the results!

mbrandazzo

We do overnight feeds and Logan has a Mickey button... We do 1 can of Ensure, and 1 1/2 cans of Pediasure... It comes out to be about 780 calories overnight. He has gained a lot since we started, and we are happy with the results!

mbrandazzo

<br />

fourkidsmom

yep son has been doing overnight feeds for 9 hours per night 7 days a week for over 3 1/2 yrs. 4 cans of pediasure-around 1,000 calories. He has the mickey button.

fourkidsmom

yep son has been doing overnight feeds for 9 hours per night 7 days a week for over 3 1/2 yrs. 4 cans of pediasure-around 1,000 calories. He has the mickey button.

fourkidsmom