who else is struggling with mrsa

taraann

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear others are worried as i have been because like some of you said, "the doctor's say not to worry, or that they just don't know." My son seems to be on Vanc iv or some kind of iv to fight the Mrsa at least once per year. Then Zyvox and bactrim DS in between with only being off for a month if that. what do we do if the mrsa resists these?

I think it is fighting off everything else. I don't know if that is good or bad. He used to culture other bacteria, psuedemonas and some i can't even pronounce. But now it is just Mrsa.

taraann

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear others are worried as i have been because like some of you said, "the doctor's say not to worry, or that they just don't know." My son seems to be on Vanc iv or some kind of iv to fight the Mrsa at least once per year. Then Zyvox and bactrim DS in between with only being off for a month if that. what do we do if the mrsa resists these?

I think it is fighting off everything else. I don't know if that is good or bad. He used to culture other bacteria, psuedemonas and some i can't even pronounce. But now it is just Mrsa.

taraann

taraann

taraann

<br />
<br />I think it is fighting off everything else. I don't know if that is good or bad. He used to culture other bacteria, psuedemonas and some i can't even pronounce. But now it is just Mrsa.

lilismom

I was told that MRSA doesn't affect the health of CF'rs anymore than non resistant Staph does.
As far as affecting other non cf'rs the head of CF at our clinic said that if someone has immune problems they may get MRSA from a cf'r or if someone has an open wound and the cf'r coughs on it it is possible to spread that way but it's a very slim possibility.

lilismom

I was told that MRSA doesn't affect the health of CF'rs anymore than non resistant Staph does.
As far as affecting other non cf'rs the head of CF at our clinic said that if someone has immune problems they may get MRSA from a cf'r or if someone has an open wound and the cf'r coughs on it it is possible to spread that way but it's a very slim possibility.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

<br />As far as affecting other non cf'rs the head of CF at our clinic said that if someone has immune problems they may get MRSA from a cf'r or if someone has an open wound and the cf'r coughs on it it is possible to spread that way but it's a very slim possibility.

janddburke

We just had a clinic visit on Tuesday. the very very best ever! 96% FEV1 - highest ever. excellent weight gain, grew 1/2 inch excellent excellent excellent!

then the Dr. looked up her labs from her last visit. and what do you know? MRSA. 2nd time. crap.

so, in the big picture, I guess it's not a problem unless it's a problem.

janddburke

We just had a clinic visit on Tuesday. the very very best ever! 96% FEV1 - highest ever. excellent weight gain, grew 1/2 inch excellent excellent excellent!

then the Dr. looked up her labs from her last visit. and what do you know? MRSA. 2nd time. crap.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />
<br />then the Dr. looked up her labs from her last visit. and what do you know? MRSA. 2nd time. crap.
<br />
<br />so, in the big picture, I guess it's not a problem unless it's a problem.

T

Terry

janddburke:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

But how do we know if we are having a problem with the MRSA, that is what I am afraid of. That I will think she has a run of the mill cold, and it is the MRSA acting up. Has anyone had a problem with the MRSA? How did you or do you know? What are the symptoms?

Terry

T

Terry

janddburke:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

But how do we know if we are having a problem with the MRSA, that is what I am afraid of. That I will think she has a run of the mill cold, and it is the MRSA acting up. Has anyone had a problem with the MRSA? How did you or do you know? What are the symptoms?

Terry

T

Terry

janddburke:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Terry

T

Terry

janddburke:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Terry

T

Terry

janddburke:
<br />
<br />CONGRATULATIONS!!!
<br />
<br />But how do we know if we are having a problem with the MRSA, that is what I am afraid of. That I will think she has a run of the mill cold, and it is the MRSA acting up. Has anyone had a problem with the MRSA? How did you or do you know? What are the symptoms?
<br />
<br />Terry