who's over 50?

vivsmom

I have seen a few of us "older CF'ers" lately. Just curious to see how many are over 50? And when you were diagnosed?

Karen (vivsmom)
56 - today is my birthday! diagnosed at 55, CF D508 and A347

vivsmom

I have seen a few of us "older CF'ers" lately. Just curious to see how many are over 50? And when you were diagnosed?

Karen (vivsmom)
56 - today is my birthday! diagnosed at 55, CF D508 and A347

K

kgfrompa

I am 55 and in April will have a birthday,I found out that I had Cf when I turned 50.I have always been sick and when I found out it was Cystic Fibrosis It made my life so much better to know what was wrong with meand have the proper treatments.

K

kgfrompa

I am 55 and in April will have a birthday,I found out that I had Cf when I turned 50.I have always been sick and when I found out it was Cystic Fibrosis It made my life so much better to know what was wrong with meand have the proper treatments.

B

bookworm

I'm 55 (will be 56 this year too) and was diagnosed at 48.

B

bookworm

I'm 55 (will be 56 this year too) and was diagnosed at 48.

B

bea50

I just turned 50 in November and was diagnosed in July of last year at 49.

B

bea50

I just turned 50 in November and was diagnosed in July of last year at 49.

bharison

I was diagnosed at age 64 in 2010. I lost a sister to CF - 40 years ago. She died at 21 years old. Way back then my sweat test was normal. I have battled lung infections, pneumonia, bronchiectasis for decades. The best I could get from many docs and pulmonologists was that I was probably a carrier with symptoms. What kept me going all these years was swimming laps. Finally the right doc specializing in CF adults figured it out. I have two gene mutations DF508 and R117H. The diagnosis was the best thing for me - now with all the treatments I have been free of infections-exacerbations for over a year. That has not happened in this century. I am pancreatic sufficient.

I have worked all of my adult life, married, no children. Now trying to be retired.

bharison

I was diagnosed at age 64 in 2010. I lost a sister to CF - 40 years ago. She died at 21 years old. Way back then my sweat test was normal. I have battled lung infections, pneumonia, bronchiectasis for decades. The best I could get from many docs and pulmonologists was that I was probably a carrier with symptoms. What kept me going all these years was swimming laps. Finally the right doc specializing in CF adults figured it out. I have two gene mutations DF508 and R117H. The diagnosis was the best thing for me - now with all the treatments I have been free of infections-exacerbations for over a year. That has not happened in this century. I am pancreatic sufficient.

I have worked all of my adult life, married, no children. Now trying to be retired.

Jet

I will turn 50 in late November. I was diagnosed in 1964. DF508. I lost my older bother in 1970. I have four sister and two teenage daughters w/o CF.

Jet

I will turn 50 in late November. I was diagnosed in 1964. DF508. I lost my older bother in 1970. I have four sister and two teenage daughters w/o CF.

D

Deb

I will be 52 in May. Diagnosed at 24 after nine years of misdiagnosis.

D

Deb

I will be 52 in May. Diagnosed at 24 after nine years of misdiagnosis.