why is my son exhausted all the time?

lmattaway

Sarah,
As a child I always needed a lot of sleep. No matter how many hours I slept during the night I could always get a nap in as well. To this day I'm the same way and I'm almost 26. My health is in great condition but I still for some reason sleep a lot. I have found that when I don't get enough sleep (like most of college) I easily get run down and get infections. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband that often tucks me into bed when he senses that I'm getting sleepy!

lmattaway

Sarah,
As a child I always needed a lot of sleep. No matter how many hours I slept during the night I could always get a nap in as well. To this day I'm the same way and I'm almost 26. My health is in great condition but I still for some reason sleep a lot. I have found that when I don't get enough sleep (like most of college) I easily get run down and get infections. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband that often tucks me into bed when he senses that I'm getting sleepy!

lmattaway

Sarah,

lmattaway

Sarah,

lmattaway

Sarah,

Quackie

While I was still in High School, i had a simular problem. I would get so exausted, I'd come home after school and take a nap for a few hours. They ended up doing a sleep study on me to see how well I was sleeping, and they discovered have sleep apnea. I have really good lung functions too, so that really did have anything to do with it, for me. I was the fact that my sinuses and all that gunk was preventing me from breathing properly while I was sleeping. I've had my adenoids taken out a while ago and more recently I have had my tonsils taken out. My husband and I go to bed around 11-midnight, and I'd have to be work at 7:30 pror to the surgery I was so exausted in the morning I could harld function, and there had been a few times that I almost feel asleep while driving. But after, its a completely different story, I'm getting a much better qualty of sleep. I'd look in to the qualty of sleep he is actually getting, and not necessarly the amount.

Quackie

While I was still in High School, i had a simular problem. I would get so exausted, I'd come home after school and take a nap for a few hours. They ended up doing a sleep study on me to see how well I was sleeping, and they discovered have sleep apnea. I have really good lung functions too, so that really did have anything to do with it, for me. I was the fact that my sinuses and all that gunk was preventing me from breathing properly while I was sleeping. I've had my adenoids taken out a while ago and more recently I have had my tonsils taken out. My husband and I go to bed around 11-midnight, and I'd have to be work at 7:30 pror to the surgery I was so exausted in the morning I could harld function, and there had been a few times that I almost feel asleep while driving. But after, its a completely different story, I'm getting a much better qualty of sleep. I'd look in to the qualty of sleep he is actually getting, and not necessarly the amount.

Quackie

Quackie

Quackie

Ricky123

from what i have heard from my docter cf tiredness headaches is quite common,and is linked to the effect the mucus has on the body,ie the extra effort required to deal with the increased mucus in the lungs takes it out of the body

Ricky123

from what i have heard from my docter cf tiredness headaches is quite common,and is linked to the effect the mucus has on the body,ie the extra effort required to deal with the increased mucus in the lungs takes it out of the body

Ricky123

Ricky123

Ricky123

gr33nie

Thanks all. You've give me a lot to think about which is always good. I'm hoping that having his adenoids out will help along with nasal rinses and an earlier bed time. I also just need to be more understanding that CF is hard on his poor little body and might wear him out a little sooner than his buddies.

Sarah

gr33nie

Thanks all. You've give me a lot to think about which is always good. I'm hoping that having his adenoids out will help along with nasal rinses and an earlier bed time. I also just need to be more understanding that CF is hard on his poor little body and might wear him out a little sooner than his buddies.

Sarah

gr33nie

Sarah

gr33nie

Sarah

gr33nie

Sarah